Gigabyte H370M D3H
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
I am trying to find a serial number that will work for a new build. I am currently building a Macmini8,1 with an ASUS Vivo Mini PC 10th Gen. I have 2 other builds that I did not run into any problem with, I just followed the guide by P1LGRIM, An iDiot's Guide To iMessage and it just all went smooth for those builds.

However for this new build, I have generated 20 serial numbers with GenSMBIOS and 1 with OpenCore and when validating on apple check coverage site I only get one response every time, Please enter a valid serial number. I have typed a few serial numbers in manually but most I have just copied and pasted.

My question is am I doing something wrong or is this apples new response to checking serial numbers that I am looking for to be able to use it?

Attachments

• SMBIOS validate.jpg
    SMBIOS validate.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 65
I am trying to find a serial number that will work for a new build. I am currently building a Macmini8,1 with an ASUS Vivo Mini PC 10th Gen. I have 2 other builds that I did not run into any problem with, I just followed the guide by P1LGRIM, An iDiot's Guide To iMessage and it just all went smooth for those builds.

However for this new build, I have generated 20 serial numbers with GenSMBIOS and 1 with OpenCore and when validating on apple check coverage site I only get one response every time, Please enter a valid serial number. I have typed a few serial numbers in manually but most I have just copied and pasted.

My question is am I doing something wrong or is this apples new response to checking serial numbers that I am looking for to be able to use it?
It can be confusing, if it keeps saying enter a valid serial number it means the one you are inputting is available and you should use it.

It can be confusing, if it keeps saying enter a valid serial number it means the one you are inputting is available and you should use it.
Thank you for the info, I appreciate the help as always.

Back