i7 4790K
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Finally got everything up and running and i mean EVERYTHING. iMessage, FaceTime, handoff, graphics, sound, Bluetooth, wifi, AirDrop, App Store, sleep, wake, Time Machine backup to a NAS server, you name it, I got it. I have been building customacs since Lion and this is the first and only time I have ever been able to say 100% operational.

I fully built the computer, no cards pulled, no ram pulled, nothing. I even installed the BCM94360CD card with one caveat - I had to unplug the USB power to it initially until I got iCloud setup. Card was plugged into the PCI slot on the board, just left the Usb power cord unplugged for first boot up. BIOS settings are as Tony recommended with one difference - Memory profile is set to Profile 1. I installed El Cap per Tony's guide on this site - made the USB on my Yosemite-Chimera desktop then booted with the nv_disable=1 bootleg. Installed and rebooted with nv_disable=1 bootleg to complete installation. Ran MB - chose audio UEFI, and audio driver - NO ethernet driver. since i am using the BCM card, I chose to wait to install the ethernet driver until I completed the installation. I then installed the nVidia 10.11.1 driver and rebooted. Booted straight to login screen - lighting fast by the way - and I was good to go. I proceeded to setup iCloud - worked right off. I did have an issue with the App store but I just followed Rehab Man's post http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/171041-cant-change-ethernet-en0.html post 3 and App Store was working. I used this guide (steps 1-9) https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/ to get iMessage working and FT worked with it as well. I had a bit of trouble with Handoff so i signed out of iCloud and signed back in and it started working.

At the point, the only issue I have is a low resolution login screen - once logged in everything is full HD. Not sure it's even a problem as its only cosmetic but if I have to knit-picky.....

Here is a shot of my El Capitan build - right, Yosemite-Chimera build - center, and genuine Macbook Air - left all showing Handoff working and Airdrop working finding 6 devices (iPads, iPhones, and each other).

IMG_3690.jpg

Handoff works from iPads, iPhones, and from computer to computer as does AirDrop.

Much thanks to Tony, Rehab Man, Slice, and everyone else who was a part of the development.

Now if someone can point me to a good guide to get my ASUS P8-Z68-V-Pro Gen 3 build (faux UEFI) booting with Clover to El Capitan, i'll be all set! :)

I am using EVO 850 on my rig Z97M-D3H (GeForce 740 SC with 4Gb RAM, RAM 32G, i7 4790K). Installation works fine, but I have a feeling, that problems is my EVo 850. Machine starts not regulary and some times it even takes restore from Restore partition. Seems like Hachintosh does NOT shut down properly. Also sound goes away after long sleep. When trying to reboot again it will not. Did you install any driver for EVO 850, if so can you reccomend one and where to get one?

Appreciate your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back