Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
GTX 950
After a long hold out I have attempted to update from ML to Yosemite.

Things haven't gone entirely smoothly but, mostly everything is working except Audio (i think).

Initial Multibeast install was successful but when Audio didn't work I tried to run Multibeast again for the Realtek ALC898 kext.

Each time I've tried it...it fails:

'installer: Package name is AppleHDA-898
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)
'. Exiting.
01/18/15 13:43:27 - Installing 'Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC898'
01/18/15 13:43:47 - Install of '/Users/ryan-imac/Downloads/MultiBeast - Yosemite Edition/MultiBeast.app/Contents/Resources/AppleHDA-898.pkg' failed.

I've found similar errors in the forums but, not one that was solved.

I haven't really touched my original Mountain Lion install for a few years, so I'm a little foggy on all the things I had done initially to get things working.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Which log? The snippet in my post is from the MultiBeast.log.

What I've done now is to do a clean install to a second drive and then used migration assistant to move some things over. This seems to be working, with sound.

However, I also tried to restore my ML install from a SuperDuper backup I had made prior to my upgrade attempt, but it won't boot, and goes into a Kernel panic when I try it.

I'll try and work through it. I have a mostly functioning setup, most things now are software related and personal setup and migration type activities/debugging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back