Contribute
Register

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 + HD3000 HDMI Audio w/Unibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
tecemac said:
I'm in AppleHDA.kext hell as result of this.

I've completely lost ALL audio devices. I have tried restoring my working AppleHDA.kext but that has the same result. Heading further and further back to find some working AppleHDA.kext.

:banghead: :banghead:
I made a mistake. Edit you dsdt/HDEF/layout-id

from (Audio ID: 889)
0x79 0x03 0x00 0x00

to (Audio ID: 389)
0x85 0x01 0x00 0x00

Install the cmm tuneup kit v4 AppleHDA.kext
Install native AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
Repair permissions/Rebuild caches (Multibeast/System Utilities or Kext Wizzard)
Reboot

Reply with a copy of IOReg.

toleda said:
I made a mistake. Edit you dsdt/HDEF/layout-id

from (Audio ID: 889)
0x79 0x03 0x00 0x00

to (Audio ID: 389)
0x85 0x01 0x00 0x00

Install the cmm tuneup kit v4 AppleHDA.kext
Install native AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
Repair permissions/Rebuild caches (Multibeast/System Utilities or Kext Wizzard)
Reboot

Reply with a copy of IOReg.

These DSDT edits appear to work, audio devices are now there and HDMI is still working.
I started this evening with a fresh install of Lion hoping to improve other issues such as sleep and printer support. Anyway the long and the short is that I'm now downloading Xcode and when it installs I will post a copy of my IOReg space.

Thanks for audio help.

P.S. While my system goes into and out of sleep I have to unplug the Apple USB Keyboard and re-plug it in to get the keyboard and mouse (USB) to wake from sleep. I know this is off topic, just asking. Any ideas?

tecemac-ioreg.zip

tecemac said:
These DSDT edits appear to work, audio devices are now there and HDMI is still working.
I started this evening with a fresh install of Lion hoping to improve other issues such as sleep and printer support. Anyway the long and the short is that I'm now downloading Xcode and when it installs I will post a copy of my IOReg space.

Finally Xcode installed and IOREG attached.

Attachments

• tecemac-ioreg.zip
    432.1 KB · Views: 89
tecemac said:
tecemac-ioreg.zip

tecemac said:

Finally Xcode installed and IOREG attached.
Thanks. Besides the Asus monitor, what is the other display and which port are you using? Regarding the wake from sleep freeze issue for the Apple keyboard and mouse, take a look at the tuneup kit dsdt. At one time, I had both keyboard and mouse waking without freezing. Currently, waking with the mouse works (you may need two clicks) but waking with the keyboards causes both to freeze (don't wake with keyboard, use the mouse only). Haven't had a chance to resolve the keyboard problem. Enjoy your new audio.

toleda said:
Thanks. Besides the Asus monitor, what is the other display and which port are you using? Regarding the wake from sleep freeze issue for the Apple keyboard and mouse, take a look at the tuneup kit dsdt. At one time, I had both keyboard and mouse waking without freezing. Currently, waking with the mouse works (you may need two clicks) but waking with the keyboards causes both to freeze (don't wake with keyboard, use the mouse only). Haven't had a chance to resolve the keyboard problem. Enjoy your new audio.

I have, temporarily, a second Dell 23 inch monitor plugged into the DVI out. Just for debug.

Thanks for the advice on wake from sleep with mouse only. I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the audio enhancement. :)

tecemac said:
I have, temporarily, a second Dell 23 inch monitor plugged into the DVI out. Just for debug.

Thanks for the advice on wake from sleep with mouse only. I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the audio enhancement. :)

Congratulations. There has not been much success with HDMI audio on HDMI monitors so you should be pleased. At you convenience, please confirm you still have HDMI audio on the Asus monitor when you boot without the Dell connected.

jayhawknative said:
Ok, running GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 w/i5 2500k. Installed using Unibeast/Lion
How?? Any special parameters in Chimera/Chameleon?
Everybody seems to run Unibeast on that mother board. Mine halts right after Apple logo.

linw said:
jayhawknative said:
Ok, running GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 w/i5 2500k. Installed using Unibeast/Lion
How?? Any special parameters in Chimera/Chameleon?
Everybody seems to run Unibeast on that mother board. Mine halts right after Apple logo.
Boot verbose mode (-v) and see where it hangs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back