BIOS SETTINGS
  1. Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults
  2. BIOS → Fast Boot : Disabled
  3. BIOS → LAN PXE Boot Option ROM : Disabled
  4. BIOS → Storage Boot Option Control : UEFI
  5. Peripherals → Trusted Computing → Security Device Support : Disable
  6. Peripherals → Network Stack Configuration → Network Stack : Disabled
  7. Peripherals → USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support : Auto
  8. Peripherals → USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off : Enabled (Extremely important)
  9. Chipset → Vt-d : Disabled
  10. Chipset → Wake on LAN Enable : Disabled
  11. Chipset → IOAPIC 24-119 Entries : Enabled
Was able to boot into unibeast installer. Reboot, come back to select the hard drive OSX install, it won't boot to the installer.

You can also follow most of this guide, but do not use the custom USB SSDT and the Thunderbolt Hot Plug SSDT.

The linked guide there worked like a champ! I did not do a couple of the post install suggestions as indicated by CaseySJ, but this system is up and running using the rest of the instructions.

I am going to use this rig for FCPX - is it worth trying to follow the Going the Extra Mile instructions for that purpose? I'm trying to figure out if the time saved in rendering is worth the mental effort for these extras.

Update: FCPX 10.3.4 crashes every time trying to import video from an SD card plugged into any of the USB 2 or 3 ports. iMovie won't even open. FCPX crash reports attached - I think it's maybe USB related, but dunno what variables to check off to troubleshoot.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 30
K - new problem. ONLY if I'm trying to print from word, acrobat, or excel - but if I try to print a multipage file or print multiple copies, I suddenly and randomly lose ALL usb connectivity. I have to reboot my computer entirely when this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back