Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> GA-Z270N-WIFI with GTX 1060 End-of-lifed on High Sierra; next GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi!
I'm looking to buy a new card that will fit my mini-ITX board, that can replace my GTX1060 and allow me to upgrade to Mojave/Catalina. Does anyone have experience moving their 200 series builds into the future, and have recommendations / warnings for what my next GPU should be? I may move to mojave before moving to catalina. I'm a graphics power user for sure, but not tied to a brand.

Thanks friends,
-bucky

Hi!
I'm looking to buy a new card that will fit my mini-ITX board, that can replace my GTX1060 and allow me to upgrade to Mojave/Catalina. Does anyone have experience moving their 200 series builds into the future, and have recommendations / warnings for what my next GPU should be? I may move to mojave before moving to catalina. I'm a graphics power user for sure, but not tied to a brand.

Thanks friends,
-bucky

A RX 580 8GB will provide similar performance to a GTX 1060 and is supported on MacOS Mojave / Catalina. I use a Sapphire Pulse RX 580 which runs MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 / High Sierra 10.13.6 / Mojave 10.14.6.

You can also consider the new RX 5x00 series cards from AMD which is supported on MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 and later.

Wow, great answer, exactly what I needed. Much Appreciated!

A RX 580 8GB will provide similar performance to a GTX 1060 and is supported on MacOS Mojave / Catalina. I use a Sapphire Pulse RX 580 which runs MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 / High Sierra 10.13.6 / Mojave 10.14.6.

You can also consider the new RX 5x00 series cards from AMD which is supported on MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 and later.
Is the 5600 XT supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back