1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
{SUCESS} GA-X58a-UDR3 REV3 + GTX460 + 12Gb RAM + 2x24" Widescreen Philips 244E

Hello
After much playing around too get Mountain Lion Installed on my Hackintosh I have finally made it. I couldnt use my installation of Lion to create the Unibeast USB Drive I had to use my Snow Leppard install here is how I did it.

Buy the Mountain Lion App from Apple, once downloaded prepare the UniBeast USB Key choosing both Legacy USB and also Laptop Support.
When booting from the USB Stick to do the install, choose options :-

PCIRootUID=1 -x busratio=23 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No
This will allow the installer to start, once it has installed reboot with the USB Stick and this time choose your Mountain Lion Partition using options PCIRootUID=1 busratio=23 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No

Download Multibeast and run selecting options :-
Drivers - Audio - Without DSDT - ALC889
Drivers - Disk - JMicro36x ATA
Drivers - Miscellaneous - FakeSMC
Drivers - Miscellaneous - FakeSMC Plugin
Drivers - Miscellaneous - USB 3.0 - 3rd Party
Drivers - Network - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet
Drivers - Miscellaneous - NullCpuPowerManagement
Bootloaders - Chimera v1.11.1 r1394

Once this all was installed as I have SL, L and ML I had to go too my SL install and then upgrade the bootloader there to Chimera v1.11.1 r1394 using the standalone installer.

There is only one minor problem I have so far experienced is that my L install will not boot from Chimera v1.11.1 bootloader has anybody an idea, I have used the Chimera installer on this install as well.

So far been running ML for 4hrs with no issue.

Regards Mike Ruff

Just a quick update, everything works as planned 7.1 surround sound, Network, Shoutcast streaming there is only one minor niggle and that is there is no USB3, but will live with that until there is a fix.

Well as an update now the got everything working even my USB3 and also after manually editing SMBIOS.PLIST with a new serial number which I generated with Champlist I now have full iCloud access on all my installations i.e. SL,L,ML used the same serial number on each, to get the find my MAC I had to create a recovery partition as per a previous thread elsewhere in Tony MAC.

I thank everybody for all the help and support that these forums have given me in the past 6mths especially for the one and only TonyMAC for all his hard work to get hackintoshes working.

Regards Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back