Motherboard
HP Probook 4540s(Clover)
CPU
i5 3320m
Graphics
1366x768
updated bios to fh before starting

Used this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Comments worth adding in addition to the guide, in order of how I'd do it now, not how I actually did it after several failed installs:

- disabled virtualization in bios after several failed installations. It still failed after this so not sure if this was necessary. Took forever to find it. It's under M.I.T.>Miscellaneous
- chose legacy at step 2.16 in setting up unibeast. Didn't seem so obvious at first and no definitive google answers
- deleted the partitions on my target drive. I thought I could just write over my current Mavericks installation- didn't need anything on it so no reason to upgrade- but I guess Chameleon recognized it and I got mach kernel error or something. I can't remember exactly now.
- chose GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 boot flags. No comma. press space bar at chimera screen to enter boot flags.
- have to enter same boot flags again after install at step 5. This might be worth mentioning in the guide.
- System crashed twice while trying to run Multibeast on different install attempts. Each time I rebooted with usb and seemed ok after that
- Multibeast: selected user DSDT which I had saved to my usb stick(also worth mentioning in the guide) and placed on my desktop, realtek 8111 ethernet, graphics enabler, pci root id fix, and the hardest to figure out were needed- 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement>os x 10.9.0, and AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset. Of the last three, I'm not sure which did the trick but I was stumped for a long time before checking those boxes. I also checked IGPEnabler=no just as a test but I don't think it mattered.

I've added screenshots of my -v hangup before adding those last 3 multibeast checkboxes.
I've also added my org.chameleon.boot.plist. I don't think it changed after the adding those last three drivers. And it shouldn't, I don't think? They're not drivers, but more like bootflags or something?

Attachments

• verbose screenshot 2.JPG
    verbose screenshot 2.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 205
  • org.chameleon.Boot copy.txt
    709 bytes · Views: 261
Hi App,

You just saved my life, i was thinking on giving up when i found your post. I just have installed Yosmite with Multibeats options. Everything works fine except iMessages. Did you use some guide to make this works?.

I have just one problem, i was trying to make interface Ethernet to appear as en01. So i deleted all interfaces from network preferences and also deleted the NetworkInterfaces.plist file from Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration.
I rebooted and tried to add Ethernet again on network preferences but it does not appear on the list. I was looking on Google an answer for the problem, but no luck.

My specs.

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 FH.
4 x Patriot Signature Line 4 DDR3 1333 Computer Internal Memory PC3 10666 - PSD34G133381 (16GB)
Core i7 960 at default speeds.
Samsung Evo 850 250GB.
Sapphire HD 7950.

Thank for you post and i hope you can help me with this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back