Graphics
XFX HD7870
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All, I've just set-up a new machine based on my sig...

Current issues :-
- sound garbled
- ethernet not working (RTL8168), had to install Realtek Drivers and boot with "arch-i386" options to have ethernet working.
- only shows single cpu on "Activity Monitor"

Attached herewith is a copy of linux pci tree dump, linux dsdt dump, my current dsdt and activity screenshot.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
hoyanf

Attachments

• lspci-nn.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 245
  • dsdt-ubuntu.dsl
    213.9 KB · Views: 196
  • dsdt.aml
    20.3 KB · Views: 234
hoyanf said:
Hi All, I've just set-up a new machine based on my sig...

Current issues :-
- sound garbled
- ethernet not working (RTL8168), had to install Realtek Drivers and boot with "arch-i386" options to have ethernet working.
- only shows single cpu on "Activity Monitor"

Attached herewith is a copy of linux pci tree dump, linux dsdt dump, my current dsdt and activity screenshot.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
hoyanf

I recommend deleting the /Extra folder you may have, and running through the MultiBeast steps in this video here. Don't worry about the installation or update stuff if you've already done that.
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/03/ ... ncast.html

Except when running MultiBeast, substitute your mobo's DSDT for the one I chose and your audio chip- afterwards, you should be good to go! :mrgreen:

current problems is when the usb is used for sync/restore iphone/ipod, it always gets disconnected...

is it better not to edit the usb dsdt ?

hoyanf said:
current problems is when the usb is used for sync/restore iphone/ipod, it always gets disconnected...

is it better not to edit the usb dsdt ?

That sounds like a bios issue- have you updated to the latest bios? There were a bunch of issues with usb on early P55 bioses- for pretty much every mobo out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back