Contribute
Register

G5 ase mod, Ga Z68X UD3H B3, i5 2500k help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU
Intel i5 2500K
Graphics
NONE
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys.

so i got the G5 case such a beautiful case inside and out, yet such handwork to get everything to work. , been gutting it out and blueprinting the layout .saw a few components that i liked and here's the list. just making sure i got everything and am able to get OSX up and running fine. tell me what you think!

So, basically a great machine that i can build to last a few years. I've seen a few guides to get OSX working on the Mobo and stuff so I'm just making sure that all that i got and getting will work with the build.

few builds I've read through:
1.viewtopic.php?f=54&t=32407
2.viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306
3.viewtopic.php?f=54&t=32313

i am tracking the build and taking lots of pictures.
http://macprog5hack.tumblr.com/

any help, comments, suggestions! would be greatly appreciated!

thanks -LM

Thanks. Neil. yeah lots of reading to be done i think the most help i need is the wiring and trying to get all the original fans working. diagrams of that and such.

a bit though to see if i want a mono tray the mountain mods or make my own. I'm trying to keep the case as original as possible.

The information that you need is buried in the pages of postings at those sites.

The original G5 fans are interesting. However they pull too much power and make too much noise in my opinion. This also means more heat in the PSU to deal with.

neil

yeah, once i have more time tomorrow after work ill be looking and reading through them.

most my components will arrive monday or tuesday. so waiting for that to come through, doing the installs, to make sure i got all good components and such then the modification begins.

I've been debating on the Mobo Tray. yeah but trying to make everything work. and make it airy enough... mmm well the only fans i was going to use is the Two 60mm fans on the
Psu, and maybe 4 more of the fans.

thank you for the replays ill be posting pictures of my progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back