Contribute
Register

G4 Tower Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have since replaced my B3 motherboard with a GA-H61MA-D3V of which I paid about $53 at Newegg. It works flawlessly, and is slightly smaller length-wise (17cm), which gives more clearance for the memory and cables. The only problem is the audio ports are in the standard position near where the case "pillar" is located and may require some extra work to fit. I originally bought the B3 version because the audio port was in the perfect spot on the G4 case, but the D3V has the addition of 2x 6Gb SATA III ports and a newer, better bios (dual UEFI), as well the ability to accommodate 2200 Mhz OC DDR3 memory. Some people gripe about the location of the SATA II ports being under their video card, but using angled SATA cables takes care of that with room to spare (BTW, the 2 SATA III ports are on the left side right where they should be, close to the drives). So far this is the dream mobo for builders on a tight budget that want full Mac compatibility, and all the bells and whistles. http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4184#ov

GA-B75M-D3P seems to be pretty good.

I'm in the process of lining up my back panel now before I cement it in place with JB Weld. It's quite narrow and there are only 3 audio ports as opposed to 5 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back