Motherboard
HP Omen 15
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1060, 1920X1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there, I've been out for a while. Just coming back, last time I did some hackintosh it was around Yosemite era... anyway, I'm trying to build a vanilla Hackintosh build. Just managed to get almost most of thing working. Running High Sierra (because of Nvidia stuff) and this:

HP OMEN 15 DC0003LA
32gb ram / i7-8750h Coffee Lake / NVIDIA 1060 3gb / NO iGPU / NVMe SAMSUNG (working fine)
I'm using iMac 18,3 SMBIOS tho.
* Bios Updated at the very latest (From April 2020)

- Sounds works throu HDMI and Speakers
- Wifi doesn't work because of Intel stuff, must change.
- NVIDIA works
- Cpu Power Management seeeeeeems to work (not really sure since I read that Clover now patches it or something related)
- KB+Touchpad is ok (Touchpad partially, no gestures and no click on touch are working, must use buttons)
- Sleep works (but just 1 time, if I try to sleep again after a wake up it just get stuck on a black screen before reaching sleep. No major issue for me but any comment is appreciated).
- SD Card slot works
- Webcam works
- Backlight is NOT working at all (for now)

I used to have a "Non-hp battery detected" message at the very beggining. I've been playing with some DSDT patches and I think I managed to fix that, it doesn't show up anymore. Thing is that battery shows up but % is stuck. I think it charges, since if I reset EC (pushing power on button for 15 secs) after a reboot the % changes, but gets stuck again. I must say that I'm not a really advanced user on DSDT Patching and stuff, mostly newbie, I know how to apply patches and blah, managed to fix some stuff.

I already tried patching DSDT w/ [bat] hp g6 2221ss (even removing the # on the line for extra patch) but didn't seem to work.
Also, there's on github a similar model to this one that might be useful, don't really know if that might help honestly (Simple google search: github HP-Omen-15-ce000 hackintosh, not putting the link because not sure if i should) where it says that battery works and have some tips about it. Tried abm_firstpolldelay 8000 and 16000.

I think also I've to fix battery to fix brightness/backlight (if possible).

Mind giving me some ideas? If i can provide logs, dsdt, or whatever...
Thanks in advance

Hi there, I've been out for a while. Just coming back, last time I did some hackintosh it was around Yosemite era... anyway, I'm trying to build a vanilla Hackintosh build. Just managed to get almost most of thing working. Running High Sierra (because of Nvidia stuff) and this:

HP OMEN 15 DC0003LA
32gb ram / i7-8750h Coffee Lake / NVIDIA 1060 3gb / NO iGPU / NVMe SAMSUNG (working fine)
I'm using iMac 18,3 SMBIOS tho.
* Bios Updated at the very latest (From April 2020)

- Sounds works throu HDMI and Speakers
- Wifi doesn't work because of Intel stuff, must change.
- NVIDIA works
- Power Management seeeeeeems to work (not really sure since I read that Clover now patches it or something related)
- KB+Touchpad is ok (Touchpad partially, no gestures and no click on touch are working, must use buttons)
- Sleep works (but just 1 time, if I try to sleep again after a wake up it just get stuck on a black screen before reaching sleep. No major issue for me but any comment is appreciated).
- SD Card slot works
- Webcam works
- Backlight is NOT working at all (for now)

I used to have a "Non-hp battery detected" message at the very beggining. I've been playing with some DSDT patches and I think I managed to fix that, it doesn't show up anymore. Thing is that battery shows up but % is stuck. I think it charges, since if I reset EC (pushing power on button for 15 secs) after a reboot the % changes, but gets stuck again. I must say that I'm not a really advanced user on DSDT Patching and stuff, mostly newbie, I know how to apply patches and blah, managed to fix some stuff.

I already tried patching DSDT w/ [bat] hp g6 2221ss (even removing the # on the line for extra patch) but didn't seem to work.
Also, there's on github a similar model to this one that might be useful, don't really know if that might help honestly (Simple google search: github HP-Omen-15-ce000 hackintosh, not putting the link because not sure if i should) where it says that battery works and have some tips about it. Tried abm_firstpolldelay 8000 and 16000.

I think also I've to fix battery to fix brightness/backlight (if possible).

Mind giving me some ideas? If i can provide logs, dsdt, or whatever...
Thanks in advance
you should use a laptop SMBIOS

you should use a laptop SMBIOS
Any concern about picking an SMBIOS? Mind, should it get close to my processor, to my cpu code name?

I have the same laptop, the problem may be that the computer does not detect the shutdown, instead it is recognizing it as a "power outage" and it is the reason that it sends the battery signal at startup.

check the shutdown of your laptop;

Could you share your EFI folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back