Contribute
Register

Fix for hanging and kernel panics on install boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried it and no go. I will try again though and post if I have different results.

Second round still same problem it just sits there.

divergentnathan said:
I just tried it and no go. I will try again though and post if I have different results.

Booting after my attempt with no boot flags shows the Grey Apple Screen w. spinning circle....... then it stopped.
-v shows some sound issues (minor), and...... nothing. It seems frozen. I'll give it a bit of time then post back.

edit: Pretty sure it's done. I'm just listening for the HD's to spin down from inactivity now.

HardRom said:
divergentnathan said:

Booting after my attempt with no boot flags shows the Grey Apple Screen w. spinning circle....... then it stopped.
-v shows some sound issues (minor), and...... nothing. It seems frozen. I'll give it a bit of time then post back.
try deleting all your sound kexts make sure you have a backup though. The issue really comes down to one of your kexts causing the problem. for me it was my sleep kexts

mslade2 said:
HardRom said:
divergentnathan said:

try deleting all your sound kexts make sure you have a backup though. The issue really comes down to one of your kexts causing the problem. for me it was my sleep kexts

I'll just delete the one that's creating the issue - AppleHDA
Edit: Lucky for Carbon Copy Cloner- I had a backup as I was unable to boot into my SL drive. Repairing damage done by easybeast, ensuring I can boot proper, then will remove the AppleHDADriver.

Edit 2: Back from backup, booting fine again, but I can't seem to find the AppleHDADriver... interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back