Contribute
Register

Fix for "892 appears in Sys Profiler but no audio" problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork said:
If you think you got the correct MultiBeast setup, then try this: In Snow Leopard,
  • - Open the Sound System Preference Pane.
    - Choose Output, then
    - Choose Internal Speakers - Built-in.
    - Close out the System Preference widow.
Try changing the sound volume with the Menu bar (top, right) speaker icon. You should hear a sound when changing the volume.

If you still don't hear any audio and you've set the Sound System Preference Pane, then use the Audio MIDI Setup program in the Applications > Utilities folder. There are several threads on the forum that explain the use of Audio MIDI Setup and you can search for them using "Audio MIDI."

Thanks a million! I solved my Lion 10.7.2 audio issue using the MIDI Setup :headbang:

has anyone seen this work with the

GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

When you check it out at http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128502

I see
Onboard Audio
Audio Chipset -Realtek ALC889
Audio Channels -8 Channels

So will this work to enable audio if I follow these steps?

forget that, just worked for me! YOU ARE THE BEST! THANK YOU SO MUCH! THIS FORUM IS AMAZING! THANK YOU :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D

I tried this method but no matter what I do, I cannot get rid of the single Intel 889 entry in system profiler. I have looked for the files mentioned above and deleted them, emptied trash, repaired kexts, rebooted (again and again) but it is still there and audio fails to work when I rerun multibeast.
Any suggestions short of a reinstall?
Thanks

THis fixed my audio issue. Awesome! Thank you! :clap:

marcus82 said:
i cant' choose any kind of input/output
Same issue for me, it is at least showing up after my custombeast install, but it put 892 instead of 899- said I had an i3 2100 chip, but it is i3 2105 sandy bridge 1155.

Finally have a hackintosh that boots into bootloader and loads my system in 10.6.8; is it possible just to change the audio, after clearing the kext in system utilities with multibeast WITHOUT having to go back to k.p.'s?

Should I upgrade to Lion, from current 10.6.8; then attempt to fix audio through HDMI and my RADEON HD card?

Thanks for all the help and information!

FIXED SOUND

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO

Just follow the instructions, but be sure to only select the ALC892 chipset. That's what's on the ASUS P8Z68-V PRO. I have working sound and GPU now! Now to test sleep...

Hope it works, wish me luck!

Thank you!

The steps in the original post solved my problem on my Gigabyte X58-UD5 board. In my system profiler my audio had shown up on different occasions (as I was trying solutions) as: Audio ID: 892 or Audio ID: 12

vanwinkle you rock, got my audio working for your guide with no problems.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back