Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Bazooka H370M
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
gtx1050ti
I have an i3-8100, MSIBazooka H370M, 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport, Samsung 860 EVO, GTX 1050 Ti.

First boot drive I tried got about 75% through the first loading bar then stopped, 2nd boot drive I tried was solid black screen.

Any help is appreciated. I have only tried Mojave but would consider High Sierra as well if it would be easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are as yet no Mojave drivers for your GTX 1050 Ti.

I have an i3-8100, MSIBazooka H370M, 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport, Samsung 860 EVO, GTX 1050 Ti.

First boot drive I tried got about 75% through the first loading bar then stopped, 2nd boot drive I tried was solid black screen.

Any help is appreciated. I have only tried Mojave but would consider High Sierra as well if it would be easier.
As @P1LGRIM stated, Nvidia Pascal cards are not supported in Mojave, but you also have an internal GPU in the i3-8100 and 3 video output ports on your motherboard (HDMI, DP, DVI-D). Have you tried DisplayPort? We would recommend that you remove the Nvidia card (or remove its 6/8-pin power cable) and attempt to install Mojave with just the internal GPU, making sure that iGPU is "enabled" in your BIOS and your display monitor is connected to one of the video ports on the motherboard I/O shield.

If you look through the first 3 pages of threads in this very forum (Mojave Desktop Support) you'll come across a number of very similar problem statements.

I find that it's more helpful if we help you to help yourself in better troubleshooting your particular configuration.

So the first couple of hints would be:
  • Look for similar problem reports in the Mojave Desktop forum.
  • Enable verbose mode (Clover boot screen --> Options --> Boot Arg: -v) and record a video of the ensuing log messages that will go by fairly quickly. Then examine the last frame of the video for any mention of an error message. Feel free to post that image here if you cannot find an answer in other threads.
Each time you run into an obstacle, the trick of course is to collect pertinent information about the obstacle and search this entire forum for an answer. Sometimes, however, there are no good answers available or too many to choose from. So try a few options and if you get stuck, by all means ask for help.

But the problem you described above sounds very similar to a LOT of problems being reported in the Mojave Desktop Forum right now, hence my comments above... :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back