Contribute
Register

First time Hackintosh Build? Will this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I use a exact copy of a Mac boot drive and run it in my hope to be hackintosh. A family member of mine owns a Mac with snow leopard. I would really appreciate any help!

Awesome though I'll go with the DWA

Sorry for so many posts but will my motherboard (GIGABYTE Z68P-DS3) work with a hackintosh? Any issues?

Can I use a exact copy of a Mac boot drive and run it in my hope to be hackintosh. A family member of mine owns a Mac with snow leopard. I would really appreciate any help!

NO!!!! That boot drive is designed for MACS not PCs. That's like trying to run a car on water. It wont work.

Sorry for so many posts but will my motherboard (GIGABYTE Z68P-DS3) work with a hackintosh? Any issues?

It will work. It has 889 Audio, and Realtek Lan. It will work. Again.

Thanks, I live in Aus so i'll head down to MSY tommorow.

Just to let you all know...

awful news...my sata cable got stuck in the cpu cooler which then caused a fire...

RIP.

Nah just messing, everything worked right out of the box. Mac OS X ML recognised my GTX 680, Ram, Hard drives, sound and 1920x1080 display without multibeast (However i still ran it after)

Only problem is I need to buy a wifi adaptor.

Just to let you all know...

awful news...my sata cable got stuck in the cpu cooler which then caused a fire...

RIP.

Nah just messing, everything worked right out of the box. Mac OS X ML recognised my GTX 680, Ram, Hard drives, sound and 1920x1080 display without multibeast (However i still ran it after)

Only problem is I need to buy a wifi adaptor.

Good to hear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back