Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello Tony & everyone on this forum! I have been lingering on this forum in a while & have chosen to build my first Hackintosh. I have a budget of about a $1000 and already have a case and Power supply. I dont play games but will be doing some minor photoshop and video editing, I want a fast mac tho, I dont want it to lag and be somewhat futureproof in the face that I usually keep my PC's for about 3 years before I upgrade. I would like to use a motherboard that has USB 3.0 & the new SATA, I really like the i7 920 but am willing to wait until the i930 if you guys feel its going to be worth the wait. I want to build something that I dont have to do an excessive amount of tinkering with and preferably will accept the apple updates easily. I have the magic mouse and the wireless keyboard so I do need a BT dongle that allows the sleep / wake feature. Please recommend a setup, id really appreciate it & a easy to follow guide would be great!

Thank you..

i'm looking at either one of these motherboard as there usb 3.0

GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P or GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD5
OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1600LV6GK - Retail
D-Link DBT-120 USB 2.0 Wireless USB Bluetooth Adapter - Retail
Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920 - Retail
1TB Hard drive
Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Wireless Mouse

Something that I can follow a step by step guide would be great! & to stay as silent so I can accept the updates without doing anything would be awesome! I also want a wifi card and a bluetooth adapter that will allow sleep / wake commands.

Thank you in advance for everyones help!

The P55 chipset doesn't work with the CPU you want to use.
There are builds using the X58 chipset, but I doubt you'll be able to use the boot disc to do it as you might need a few extras. I guess you can always do your own disc...
OCZ memory is a waste of money imho, good marketing, nothing extraordinary about their products. I'd get something cheaper, especially as you're only going for 1600MHz modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back