Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW Edition 2GB Memory
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am looking into building a Hackintosh in order to challenge myself and see if I can actually build one and get things running. I have done a little bit of research into the parts and I would like some input on my choices. I really want to know if all of the parts will work together or if people have had any problems with any of the parts that were unresolvable.

Here is my list of parts:
  • Corsair 500R tower
  • Corsair 650W power supply
  • i7-3770k processor
  • 16GB 240-pin Corsair Vengeance Ram (2X8GB)
  • Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH motherboard
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB graphic card
  • 120GB Samsung Extreme SSD
  • 1TB 7200 RPM Seagate Barracuda hard drive
  • Pioneer Blu-Ray burner
I had read on another thread that the pioneer blu-ray burner will work and I would like to get the burner just to have it because it is a little bit more expensive on sale then just a player. Also, I might have access to an old tower, but I am not sure about compatibility issues on it. I don't think this would be a problem, but as I said, this is my first build. So please, tell me what you think about the parts I am looking at getting.

The SSD is for the operating system and for applications, the Seagate hard drive is for files as I will probably fill up the 120GB SSD rather easily. Also, I am considering dual booting this build with Windows if my build is successful.

Looks good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back