i7-10510U
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I was wondering if someone on the forum is using any of such devices and if there is any other use case which is more Mac-typical / kinda added value?

Thanks!

Maybe just a short heads-up here. After experimenting with the Yubikeys I ended up with the Yubikey 5 NFC (https://www.yubico.com/product/yubikey-5-nfc). It's quite nifty and easy to handle. MacOS recognizes it as a SmartCard and offers integration via pairing of your account to it. After that, you can log-on to your mac using a PIN and of course you need the device as a second authentication factor.

There is also a possibility to store two passwords to it (strong ones, can also be automatically generated) and then use them upon touch. A short touch recalls the first one, long touch the second. Other than that it supports many other use cases I didn't make use of so far.

Since it emulates a keyboard, you can even log on with one of them into your mac. But I wouldn't recommend that, otherwise anyone getting hold of your Yubikey would gain access to your computer.

There is a new product about to be released which includes fingerprint sensor. Now I'm looking forward to it...

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back