Contribute
Register

Fenvi FV-T919 Wifi/BT card At Newegg.com for $51.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got mine today from AliExpress and I can’t get the WiFi to work. Bluetooth works perfectly fine in Windows 10 and macOS High sierra. WiFi however doesn’t work in either. I tried all kinds of drivers in windows 10 but with no luck. The WiFi doesn’t even show up in device manager. The Asus utility asks me to plug it in. I started to suspect that it is a bios setting. I have tried almost every setting I could find in my bios but nope.

I have it in a pcie-x1 in my z170-p, right above the graphics card. I think I will try connecting it using the other available slots and see what happens.

Edit: I moved my graphics card to PCI x16 #2, and moved the network card to PCIE x1 #2. I basically moved both lower.
It now shows up in Windows 10 and works as it should. Will boot into MacOS to test.

Edit 2: It shows up and works in macOS High Sierra. Trying to make handoff continuity work now.

Last edited:
Note on BT Chipsets in the Fenvi FV-T919
CaseySJ has reported he bought a Fenvi FV-T919 card from Ebay seller cityeliter and the BT did not work. He found that they are not using the older BT chipset in the one he got. See his post at the link below.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/page-233#post-1921464

If you get the BCM20703 Rev. A1 chipset on your card it will may not work properly in certain PCIe slots.
If yours doesn't test it in a different slot and see if it works.

It would be great if those who bought from Newegg would post what BT chipset they got with their card. You can check in System Report --> Bluetooth to see which one you got.

The 20702 Rev. B0 BT chipset seems to work perfectly well. We need to determine if the ones Newegg is selling now still have this older BT chipset or not. Thanks !
In my case the Fenvi card with the same 20703A1 chipset has no issues connecting and maintaining a connection to my Netgear Orbi RBK50 over 802.11ac using either the x1 or full-length slot. But Bluetooth only works properly in the full-length slot (or I suspect any x4 or x8 or x16 slot).
*** Update ***

The Fenvi FV-T919 works properly even in a x1 slot on the Designare Z390 motherboard. We determined that the Intel CNVi WiFi/BT card that comes preinstalled on this motherboard was causing a conflict. By creating an SSDT to render the CNVi invisible to macOS, we're able to enjoy our Fenvi cards in x1 slots. Details can be found here.

I ordered mine from NewEgg and it arrived a few days later. I installed this card on my secondary system (GA-Z270X-UD3 with i5-6600k) and it is working for both BT and WiFi on Mojave 14.14.4 I did not need to do anything other than plug the card in and connect the internal USB cable. The card was professionally packed and came with a hardware installation manual (as opposed to a sheet of paper).

The WiFi did not work on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with the supplied drivers. It would not complete the installation process and I could not get windows to load the drivers manually bypassing the supplied installer. Eventually I went to the Fenvi website and downloaded the drivers. After that it installed correctly on Windows.

[UPDATE]
I found the WiFi performance was very poor on both MAC OS and Windows. Large file transfers that should have taken seconds were taking minutes. When I compared the WiFi performance on Windows with a cheap USB WiFi 802.11n adapter with no visible aerial, I found the Fenvi card achieved only 10% of the throughput of the USB dongle. The PC is 7 meters from the access point and the AP is a Netgear Nighthark C7000.

I thoroughly tested the Fenvi card on both 2.4G and 5G WiFi. I found the main problem was the aerials. Two of the four simply did not work. I also found one of the boards antenna ports did not work irrespective of the aerial connected.

My suggestion for anyone planning to buy this card is to also buy some decent aerials.

Last edited:
Check whether the BT Chipset you get is BCM20702 Rev. B0 You can check this in System Report --> Bluetooth and find out. Newer BT chipsets may not work properly in the x1 slot with Mojave. Some are reporting BT will only work in specific PCIe slots and not others. One person said his BT worked fine in a x4, x8 or x16 slot but not in a x1 slot.

UPDATE 3/27/19

It turns out the the BT problems that occurred with the Fenvi card happened because the motherboard had an Intel CNVi wifi BT card installed in it's slot on the motherboard. They removed this card and then BT worked normally. False alarm. If you take out the Intel CNVi card BT should work normally when the Fenvi card is in a x1 slot.

Original post:
They no longer sell these on Amazon. If you live in the USA buy yours from Newegg.com to get it quickly.

Now available on Newegg.com https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADXZ7GS4848&cm_re=FV-T919-_-0XM-00JK-00033-_-Product

Check whether the BT Chipset you get is BCM20702 Rev. B0 You can check this in System Report --> Bluetooth and find out. Newer BT chipsets may not work properly in the x1 slot with Mojave. Some are reporting BT will only work in specific PCIe slots and not others. One person said his BT worked fine in a x4, x8 or x16 slot but not in a x1 slot.

UPDATE 3/27/19

It turns out the the BT problems that occurred with the Fenvi card happened because the motherboard had an Intel CNVi wifi BT card installed in it's slot on the motherboard. They removed this card and then BT worked normally. False alarm. If you take out the Intel CNVi card BT should work normally when the Fenvi card is in a x1 slot.

Original post:
They no longer sell these on Amazon. If you live in the USA buy yours from Newegg.com to get it quickly.

Now available on Newegg.com https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADXZ7GS4848&cm_re=FV-T919-_-0XM-00JK-00033-_-Product

Hi trs96 just one question is your AirDrop working fine with this WIFi/Bluetooth card?

If you're system board has a PCI-e WIFI slot, you're better off getting a BCM94360CS2 and an adapter from Amazon. 100% compatible (since it's an actual Apple part) and no messing with cards and antenna's and USB ports. And, it's cheaper than the Fenvi card. The adapter is like $10 and the WIFI card is about $25.

I actually use this combo in my Dell 7559 laptop running 10.14.5 and everything works, including the all-important Airdrop.

I do have a Fenvi card in my tower hackintosh, but only because I found the Fenvi first. They do work perfectly, also. Just can be a hassle if you don't have USB headers on the system board (some Dell MT systems don't).

If you're system board has a PCI-e WIFI slot, you're better off getting a BCM94360CS2 and an adapter from Amazon. 100% compatible (since it's an actual Apple part) and no messing with cards and antenna's and USB ports. And, it's cheaper than the Fenvi card. The adapter is like $10 and the WIFI card is about $25.

I actually use this combo in my Dell 7559 laptop running 10.14.5 and everything works, including the all-important Airdrop.

I do have a Fenvi card in my tower hackintosh, but only because I found the Fenvi first. They do work perfectly, also. Just can be a hassle if you don't have USB headers on the system board (some Dell MT systems don't).

I just install mine today, everything is working except Bluetooth.
Heard its not compatible with 10.14.5...

I just install mine today, everything is working except Bluetooth.
Heard its not compatible with 10.14.5...

What did you install -- the Fenvi card or a BCM94360CS2 card + adapter?

The card/adapter definitely works in 10.14.5. If you're using the Fenvi, have you connected the USB cable from the card to a USB header on the system board? BT is a USB device on the Fenvi and needs to be connected to a USB port or the BT is not present.

What did you install -- the Fenvi card or a BCM94360CS2 card + adapter?

The card/adapter definitely works in 10.14.5. If you're using the Fenvi, have you connected the USB cable from the card to a USB header on the system board? BT is a USB device on the Fenvi and needs to be connected to a USB port or the BT is not present.

Thank you for the reply, I have install Fenvi T919.

I did connected the USB cable to header.

I did connected the USB cable to header.
It's likely that you'll need a usb SSDT specifiic to your motherboard to make that header active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back