CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Saphire Radeon RX580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been troubleshooting a FCPX 10.4 issue for days and running out of ideas. Not sure it's a hardware problem but it feels like one...wanted to ask here for any input. I have the following build:
-Coffee Lake i7-8700K overclocked to 5GHz
-Asus Hero X (non-wifi)
-16GB Gskill RAM
-Sapphire RX580 GPU
-Samsung EVO 960 NvME
-OSX WiFi (broadcom card)

Actually the system has been working great and very stable with the exception of FCPX. Whenever I try to export something from FCPX it immediately errors out and says "the share operation failed" with no additional detail. I have tried re-installing FCPX, moving the FCPX library, changing permissions, swapping hard drives, etc. with no luck. I can edit the video all I want, but I can't get it out of FCPX. Now, if I put the library on an external SSD and use it on my MacBook Pro, it works just fine and I can export all day long....move it back on the Hackintosh, same SSD....no export, just the error.

Are there any special plist settings or Clover settings that FCPX would be looking for? Any way that Apple has put something in FCPX to make sure it's running on genuine apple hardware? (getting suspicious) My Hackintosh build has been great with this one exception. Any ideas are appreciated.

I've been troubleshooting a FCPX 10.4 issue for days and running out of ideas. Not sure it's a hardware problem but it feels like one...wanted to ask here for any input. I have the following build:
-Coffee Lake i7-8700K overclocked to 5GHz
-Asus Hero X (non-wifi)
-16GB Gskill RAM
-Sapphire RX580 GPU
-Samsung EVO 960 NvME
-OSX WiFi (broadcom card)

Actually the system has been working great and very stable with the exception of FCPX. Whenever I try to export something from FCPX it immediately errors out and says "the share operation failed" with no additional detail. I have tried re-installing FCPX, moving the FCPX library, changing permissions, swapping hard drives, etc. with no luck. I can edit the video all I want, but I can't get it out of FCPX. Now, if I put the library on an external SSD and use it on my MacBook Pro, it works just fine and I can export all day long....move it back on the Hackintosh, same SSD....no export, just the error.

Are there any special plist settings or Clover settings that FCPX would be looking for? Any way that Apple has put something in FCPX to make sure it's running on genuine apple hardware? (getting suspicious) My Hackintosh build has been great with this one exception. Any ideas are appreciated.
I had the same problem but I found two ways which were able to solve it, I don't want to take credits to myself for other people's work and don't want to have problems with tonymacx86 and it complicated rules (which it shouldn't be). So I don't think I can give you the link but if you type in google ''HOW TO FIX VIDEO RENDERING ISSUES IN FCPX HIGH SIERRA'' it should appear.

I had the same problem but I found two ways which were able to solve it, I don't want to take credits to myself for other people's work and don't want to have problems with tonymacx86 and it complicated rules (which it shouldn't be). So I don't think I can give you the link but if you type in google ''HOW TO FIX VIDEO RENDERING ISSUES IN FCPX HIGH SIERRA'' it should appear.

I cannot thank you enough for posting this. I've been banging my head against the wall for days trying to figure this out and that fixed it. I can now export from FCPX. REALLY appreciate it.

Any updates? Have the same problem and will likely pick this method to try tomorrow.

Any updates? Have the same problem and will likely pick this method to try tomorrow.

Did you end up trying it? Did it work? I'm thinking about doing the same on my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back