Graphics
nVidia GTX 480
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So, I've successfully installed OSX 10.6.4 using tonymac's guide and as far as installation goes, everything was wonderfully smooth using iBoot Supported and Multibeast 2.0.4. Sound, video, network, etc... all of those working perfectly.

However, my disk access is another story. Transferring data (whether it be from one drive to another or across the same drive) is less than 1 mb/sec according to Activity Monitor. I can't run a disk benchmark in xBench to attain any scores. Transferring files results in the entire system becoming unusable. In addition to that, doing generally anything on the system that accesses a drive (which is pretty much everything) results in stuttering and mini-freezes for 5 seconds at a time.

With that said, my specs are as follows.

Hardware

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 F8 BIOS
Processor: Intel Core i5 750
Video: PNY Verto GeForce 9600 GT 1024 MB
Memory: 4 GB Crucial 1600 MHz
Drives: Western Digital Caviar 160 GB 7200 RPM (Install), Western Digital Caviar 500 GB 7200 RPM (Data)

Extra Folder

Pre-made DSDT for my board and BIOS
com.apple.Boot.plist, using 64 bit boot, non-verbose
smbios.plist, identified as mac pro i5

Extra/Extensions Folder

fakesmc.kext
IOAHCIFamily.kext
Jmicron36xSATA.kext
Legacy888HDA.kext
NVEnabler 64.kext
RealtekR1000SL.kext

IOAHCIFamily.kext and Jmicron36xSATA.kext I installed post-installation to try and help alleviate the issue. While it did fix my internal-drives-showing-as-external and my SATA interface being listed as 'Uknown' in Profiler, it did not help the disk access issue at all.

I've scoured these forums and a few others and I can't seem to find anything pertaining directly to my. If there is something and I missed it, I apologize beforehand. I also want to thank anyone that can point me in the right direction or offer some insight into my issue.

Thanks,
Tim

P.S. Also, BIOS settings are what they're supposed to be according to tonymac's guide.

Dzapt said:
So, I've successfully installed OSX 10.6.4 using tonymac's guide and as far as installation goes, everything was wonderfully smooth using iBoot Supported and Multibeast 2.0.4. Sound, video, network, etc... all of those working perfectly.

However, my disk access is another story. Transferring data (whether it be from one drive to another or across the same drive) is less than 1 mb/sec according to Activity Monitor. I can't run a disk benchmark in xBench to attain any scores. Transferring files results in the entire system becoming unusable. In addition to that, doing generally anything on the system that accesses a drive (which is pretty much everything) results in stuttering and mini-freezes for 5 seconds at a time.

With that said, my specs are as follows.

Hardware

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 F8 BIOS
Processor: Intel Core i5 750
Video: PNY Verto GeForce 9600 GT 1024 MB
Memory: 4 GB Crucial 1600 MHz
Drives: Western Digital Caviar 160 GB 7200 RPM (Install), Western Digital Caviar 500 GB 7200 RPM (Data)

Extra Folder

Pre-made DSDT for my board and BIOS
com.apple.Boot.plist, using 64 bit boot, non-verbose
smbios.plist, identified as mac pro i5

Extra/Extensions Folder

fakesmc.kext
IOAHCIFamily.kext
Jmicron36xSATA.kext
Legacy888HDA.kext
NVEnabler 64.kext
RealtekR1000SL.kext

IOAHCIFamily.kext and Jmicron36xSATA.kext I installed post-installation to try and help alleviate the issue. While it did fix my internal-drives-showing-as-external and my SATA interface being listed as 'Uknown' in Profiler, it did not help the disk access issue at all.

I've scoured these forums and a few others and I can't seem to find anything pertaining directly to my. If there is something and I missed it, I apologize beforehand. I also want to thank anyone that can point me in the right direction or offer some insight into my issue.

Thanks,
Tim

P.S. Also, BIOS settings are what they're supposed to be according to tonymac's guide.
Delete IOAHCIFamily.kext from /E/E and rebuild cache.

Thanks for the tip... However I should note that the problem existed before I added that kext. Definitely will try it when I get home from work this evening, though.

Getting close to going home time, wanted to check this. Gunna try removing the IOAHCIFamily.kext when I get home but does anyone have any other pointers for what would cause my issues?

Ie, would it be wrong/missing kexts or would it be something in my DSDT? Has anyone else experienced this?

I greatly appreciate any help.

Tried removing that kext and rebuilding caches to no avail. Also tried a fix that involves resetting IRQs in the DSDT, still no luck. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back