Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

What I'm wanting to do is install a crucial 128 GB SSD in place of the dvd drive slot on the hp 4350s. I am then wanting to use an external dvd reader/writer. Are there any compatibility issues or specific models I should choose?

Thanks.

I purchased this cheap 20 dollar Polaroid DVD-ROM Drive. It's 8x without writing capability, but it is compatible in the BIOS and it gets the job done. It's the Polaroid Model DR110.

Mike,

Thanks for the reply, will look into it, however, I'd like one with read and write capability. How do you know if it has the right bios?

Thanks.

My assumption is most external DVD-r/rw drive will work. When I say it's right in the bios, means that your probook bios recognizes it.

Mike,

How do I find out before I order a dvd burner if hp 4530s will recognize it.

Thanks so much, PS, you've been a great help at this site!

creep said:
Hi all,

What I'm wanting to do is install a crucial 128 GB SSD in place of the dvd drive slot on the hp 4350s. I am then wanting to use an external dvd reader/writer. Are there any compatibility issues or specific models I should choose?

Thanks.

If you remove your optical drive, you can buy only a USB case to put in your drive. They are very cheap at ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back