Contribute
Register

EVGA Classified Super Record 2 (SR-2) with 2 x Xeon X5680

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also interested in building a Evga Sr2 Hackintosh. I would need suport for Sata3 for my SSD and suport for a GTX580. Any help will be appreciated as this is my first Hackintosh build. Thank you in advance for any help.

I'm not sure if it is just me....

Onboard USB3.0, PCIe USB3.0 cards, Firewire card, .... non work with my board... the esata keep on hanging on my External storage.(Drobo S, Onnto). Sata3 card only work with PCIe 1.0....

On USB2.0, it works but I have errors half way copying image files and must copy in a small chunk of files each time....

I have took the build apart and put in a "Supermicro X8DAH+-F".

Sats3 card works in PCIe2.0 now, USB3.0 card, Fireware800 all works. I can copy a big chunk of files(160GB) on USB3.0 without a glitch.

I'm using the build for photo editing and management of images, so this is what I need and that means I have a pc of EVGA SR-2 available....

kingkong89 said:
I'm not sure if it is just me....

Onboard USB3.0, PCIe USB3.0 cards, Firewire card, .... non work with my board... the esata keep on hanging on my External storage.(Drobo S, Onnto). Sata3 card only work with PCIe 1.0....

On USB2.0, it works but I have errors half way copying image files and must copy in a small chunk of files each time....

I have took the build apart and put in a "Supermicro X8DAH+-F".

Sats3 card works in PCIe2.0 now, USB3.0 card, Fireware800 all works. I can copy a big chunk of files(160GB) on USB3.0 without a glitch.

I'm using the build for photo editing and management of images, so this is what I need and that means I have a pc of EVGA SR-2 available....

Please forgive me KK89, I understood everything you said but don't quite understand this statement:

"...so this is what I need and that means I have a pc of EVGA SR-2 available...."

So what are wanting, to sell your SR-2?

Well... I'm not ruling out the possibility of selling it....

Hi Ive got the SR2 up and running but Im having a few problems with devices attached to the pcie slots. Ive attached a firewire card which doesnt seem to work, nor does my Sonnet PCIE 1GB ethernet card. Just wanted to know if you guys have tried any of the pcie slots and have them working correctly..

I know the cards work cause they work in my other z68 hackie just fine :)

Any help would be really appreciated.

Hi,

I am also trying to make a build with lion.
Could you past me the extra folder too.

I wished that i found this soltution earlier:banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back