Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630, 4K
My Sony VPCSE has been working fine with the built-in Realtek GbE controller, including accessing the Mac App Store. After upgrading to El Capitan, the Ethernet card still works but could not access Mac App Store because of the error "Your device or computer could not be verified....".

I first tried to add "EthernetBuiltIn=Yes" as a custom boot option, no difference.

I then follow the guide on this site by removing all the network interface, delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist, reboot and add Ethernet card back. The first thing I noticed is that the interface is now "PCI Ethernet Slot Ethernet" (used to e just "Ethernet" on Yosemite?), I added the interface but the port does not work with the problem that "the cable is connected but could not obtain IP address. If I pulled the cable out, it still says the cable is connected). The system.log shows the card is working:
Code:
Nov 13 09:35:38 localhost kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: Disable PCIe ASPM.
Nov 13 09:35:38 localhost kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: EEE support enabled.
Nov 13 09:35:38 localhost kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: TCP/IPv4 segmentation offload enabled.
Nov 13 09:35:38 localhost kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: TCP/IPv6 segmentation offload enabled.
Nov 13 09:35:38 localhost kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: TCP/IPv6 checksum offload enabled.
Nov 13 09:35:38 localhost kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: Version 2.0.0d2 using interrupt mitigate value 0x5f51.
Nov 13 09:35:38 localhost kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: RTL8168E/8111E: (Chipset 14) at 0x<ptr>, 30:f9:ed:ec:21: 7

DPCIManager shows the card is detected as en0, but just not as a "Built-in".

Any way to fix it?

My Sony VPCSE has been working fine with the built-in Realtek GbE controller, including accessing the Mac App Store. After upgrading to El Capitan, the Ethernet card still works but could not access Mac App Store because of the error "Your device or computer could not be verified....".

I first tried to add "EthernetBuiltIn=Yes" as a custom boot option, no difference.

I then follow the guide on this site by removing all the network interface, delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist, reboot and add Ethernet card back. The first thing I noticed is that the interface is now "PCI Ethernet Slot Ethernet" (used to e just "Ethernet" on Yosemite?), I added the interface but the port does not work with the problem that "the cable is connected but could not obtain IP address. If I pulled the cable out, it still says the cable is connected). The system.log shows the card is working:
Code:
Nov 13 09:35:38 localhost kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: Disable PCIe ASPM.
Nov 13 09:35:38 localhost kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: EEE support enabled.
Nov 13 09:35:38 localhost kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: TCP/IPv4 segmentation offload enabled.
Nov 13 09:35:38 localhost kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: TCP/IPv6 segmentation offload enabled.
Nov 13 09:35:38 localhost kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: TCP/IPv6 checksum offload enabled.
Nov 13 09:35:38 localhost kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: Version 2.0.0d2 using interrupt mitigate value 0x5f51.
Nov 13 09:35:38 localhost kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: RTL8168E/8111E: (Chipset 14) at 0x<ptr>, 30:f9:ed:ec:21: 7

DPCIManager shows the card is detected as en0, but just not as a "Built-in".

Any way to fix it?

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Here is the ioreg.

I did the process twice today (deleting all interfaces on System Preferences -> Network and remove the NetworkInterfaces.plist and preferences.plist files under /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration, reboot and add network interface). However every time WFI, Ethernet and Bluetooth PAN were already there in System Preferences -> Network, before I add any interface. WiFI is bound to en0 and Ethernet en1. My Clover config has EthernetBuiltIn=Yes, FixLan and FixAirporway .

Any other way to force Ethernet on en0?

Attachments

• yzse_20151116.ioreg.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 185
Here is the ioreg.

I did the process twice today (deleting all interfaces on System Preferences -> Network and remove the NetworkInterfaces.plist and preferences.plist files under /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration, reboot and add network interface). However every time WFI, Ethernet and Bluetooth PAN were already there in System Preferences -> Network, before I add any interface. WiFI is bound to en0 and Ethernet en1. My Clover config has EthernetBuiltIn=Yes, FixLan and FixAirporway .

Any other way to force Ethernet on en0?

Try resetting the network interfaces. To do that, go into SysPrefs->Network and remove all interfaces, Apply, then remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. Reboot, then add all your network interfaces back, starting with Ethernet.

... follow the instructions exactly ..

Try resetting the network interfaces. To do that, go into SysPrefs->Network and remove all interfaces, Apply, then remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. Reboot, then add all your network interfaces back, starting with Ethernet.

... follow the instructions exactly ..

I followed these steps exactly several times. In the last try, I removed "EthernetBuiltIn=Yes", FixLan and FixAirport along with above steps, it worked. But some how the network interfaces were already there without me adding them, but the Ethernet grabbed en0 and WiFi en1.

..But some how the network interfaces were already there without me adding them, but the Ethernet grabbed en0 and WiFi en1.

You did not do it in the exact order specified.

Thank you RehabMan. System preferences showed that I was connected to internet via Bluetooth Pan, but when I unpluged cable no internet. Everything seemed to work ok, but App store wouldn't take my log in. I believe that the system report said my internet connection was en0, but DPCI Manager had it as en1. Followed your procedure for resetting network and now everything is working fine and the app store accepts my login. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back