Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Ethernet keeps disconnecting/reconnecting on my hackintosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon Rx-570
Hi,
I have a hackintosh with Gigabyte Designare Z390 and Mojave. (link to the guide for more specs: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/#BIOS Modifications )

I get my internet via an ethernet cable that is connected to the router because I dont have the wifi.
For some strange reason, it stopped working today: ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting (like connected for 2 sec, disconnected for 2 sec).

Her are the things I checked:
- my cable works
- my router works (other devices plugged on it work and wifi too)
- my router's ports work
- I've cleaned my computer's ports and it still isn't working.

I've heard that the problem might be a motherboard driver thing but I'm scared to do the wrong thing.

Please I need help! I need to fix this issue as quick as possible because I use my computer for online meetings.
Thank you!
emile

There are two Ethernet ports on the Z390 Designaire motherboard:
  • One uses Intel i217 controller and needs IntelMausi.kext for it to work.
  • The other uses Intel i211 controller and needs a modified SmallTreeIntel82576.kext.
  • Copies of both kexts are attached below.
  • These should be added to your Bootloader kext folder.
As you don't say which port or kext you are using, I can only assume you are not using both kexts, so one of the two kext attached below will activate the second Ethernet port, which you should use in place of the current port.

Attachments

• SmallTreeIntel82576.kext.zip
    71.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IntelMausi.kext.zip
    57.3 KB · Views: 62
Thank you Edhawk!

Actually, I already had the kexts installed, I just removed them and now it works! Should I still use them? Because without them my ethernet works fine now.

That probably means you have them installed somewhere else. Look in your /Library/Extensions folder to see if they have been installed there.

Having duplicate kexts in the Clover/Kexts/Other or /OC/Kexts folder and the system /Library/Extensions folder can cause issues like you described. Especially if they are different versions of the same kext.

Glad you have them working.

It was in my /Library/Extensions folder where I deleted them. There were no duplicates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back