Asus ROG Strix Z370-I GAMING
CPU
Intel i7 8700K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1070 TI Founders Edition
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
I'm new in the hackintosh world and I really can't get over the installation of High Sierra on my pc.
First of all, my specs:
- MOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming
- RAM: Corsair Dominator 2*8GB DDR4 3200Mhz
- CPU: Intel i7 8700K
- GPU: Nvidia 1070 TI Founders Edition
- SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 512GB m.2 (nvme)
- SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SATA

I've prepared the USB key with UniBeast, the first time selecting the NVidia Injector, the second time without.
In my BIOS settings, after updating it at the last version (v. 1002), I've restored the default settings and changed them following the Installation Guide and other user's guides with Nvidia GTX 10XX gpus: VT-d disabled, primary display output PCI-E, no secure-boot.
But I've got the same problem, and installing it in one or another of my two SSD doesn't change: in the (apparently) same spot of the installation, like at 3/4 of the installation bar, I've got some errors that I cant understand. After that, my pc reboot after 2-3 seconds.

I'm always running the installation in verbose mode, i've tryied both with nv_disable=1 and with nvda_drv=1, but i'm obtaining always similar errors in (apparently) the same spot.

I've looked over other user's experience with hardware similar to mine, but all of them explains what to do after the installation, since no one that i've seen has problems during the installation..

Can someone help me, please?

(Screenshot of two errors obtained during the installation are in the attachments)

EDIT: After the reboot, i can actually boot from my SSD (even if the installation wasn't completed?!) but after a little (1/8 of the progress bar) i get the same error (bootfromssd.jpg in the attachment)

EDIT2: Same error with primary display output CPU (disabling my GTX 1070 ti), and wifi, bluetooth, audio controllers disabled from bios

Attachments

• 20180711_170656.jpg
    20180711_170656.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 77
  • 20180711_154851.jpg
    20180711_154851.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
  • bootfromssd.jpg
    bootfromssd.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
I was looking on youtube for installing High Sierra on a PC, just to see if I was wrong, and I saw that this error screen is absolutly normal, and it's not only a my fault:
It's simply not an error, that screen will appears multiple times during the installation, exactly when the installation requires a reboot.
So, in the installation from USB, nearly at 3/4 of the progress bar, your pc will reboot with that "error" screen, then you have to boot on your drive (not your USB, your hard drive where you have installed macOS previously), and at nearly the start, it will appears again. After the second reboot, start again booting on your drive, and then the installation will finish (hopefully) without any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back