Contribute
Register

El Capitan Install SUCCESS with Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this post.
I'm using DS3H too, I had countless fail until I saw your post says update BIOS.

But I haven't done post-installation yet, it's so difficult for me to understand which options should I chose :banghead:

Thanks to everyone in this thread! I finally upgraded my old Z77 DS3H Rev. 1.0 from Mountain Lion to El Capitan (after the 5th attempt!)

I only use onboard graphics with this system now, so figured it should be simple.

Here's what the way I did it:
  1. I made an El Capitan install USB as per instructions 10.11 Installation
    Copied Cover Configurator & AtherosL1cEthernet.kext to USB

2. Turned off machine.
    Unplugged original system SSD, added a spare SSD for new system and left in my HDD for user files.

3. Booted machine from USB and installed El Capitan as usual.
    During El Capitan installation process I used Migration Tool to copy my Application and User Account, DO NOT select Other Files or Computer & Network setting!

4. Booted machine from USB and selected El Capitan.
    Run Multibeast selecting only UEFI Boot Mode
    Restart machine.

5. Booted machine from El Capitan.
    Run Clover Configurator to mount EFI, copied AtherosL1cEthernet.kext to EFI/EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.11/
    In Clover Configurator open EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist, go to System Parameters set Inject Kexts to Yes.
    Saved the config.plist and unmount EFI.
    Restart machine and Ethernet now works.

6. Read lots of threads about sound, in the end I ran Multibeast again and just selected: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC887/888b, build.
    Restarted machine and sound works.

This is where things get confusing...I don't understand why you are suggesting to add Clover Configurator and AtherosL1cEthernet.kext when the Unibeast instruction make no mention of these being needed. What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back