Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a Gigabyte P55m-UD2 and Core i3 530, both about 30 days old, and I'm finding the combination isn't as problem-free as I would have liked. I'm willing to replace the MB, CPU, or both - any suggestions?

I don't think that board supports an i3 processor. Everything I see online says Intel Core i7/ Core i5. Might be the CPU you need to change.

The Core i3-530 works fine with the UD2- it's just that the P55 boards can't utilize the Intel HD GMA graphics like H55 ones. What type of issues are you running into?

This combo seems fine- but if you're going to replace something I'd get a quad core i5 or i7. Maybe you can RMA the i3?

this combination is supported and succesful for a lot of people, what problems are you having? video card related?

Thanks - I have another thread on the Core i3/Ud2 topic - it only boots with Qoopz kernel, not iBoot Supported. I have a Zotac 8400GS.

As for buying, to me it looks like the Core i5 at $200 is expensive but an excellent value when you look at alternatives and extremely well supported all around. The UD2 is a great value as well, but if there's another sub-$100 MB that would work better with a Core i3, I'm willing to give it a shot.

arcadian said:
Thanks - I have another thread on the Core i3/Ud2 topic - it only boots with Qoopz kernel, not iBoot Supported. I have a Zotac 8400GS.

As for buying, to me it looks like the Core i5 at $200 is expensive but an excellent value when you look at alternatives and extremely well supported all around. The UD2 is a great value as well, but if there's another sub-$100 MB that would work better with a Core i3, I'm willing to give it a shot.
You need to install 10.6.4 to support a Core i3. Any version prior to that requires a matching Qoopz kernel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back