Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
What is the best option for booting Yosemite and Linux from two separate solid state hard drives?

I am using Chimera to boot into Yosemite currently, and Grub when I replace with my second hard drive. I haven't had both hard drives attached yet as I do not want to screw things up with boot. Which drive will be my primary in BIOS, and how will the bootloader recognize the OS on the other drive?

thanks in advance!

What is the best option for booting Yosemite and Linux from two separate solid state hard drives?

I am using Chimera to boot into Yosemite currently, and Grub when I replace with my second hard drive. I haven't had both hard drives attached yet as I do not want to screw things up with boot. Which drive will be my primary in BIOS, and how will the bootloader recognize the OS on the other drive?

thanks in advance!
Depends on where you installed Grub. If you accepted the default "format and install" Linux from the installer, you installed Grub to the drive MBR/PCR and the only options you have are to use Grub as your primary booster and chain load OS X Chimera or Clover to boot OS X, or you can use Clover as your primary boot loader and select OS X or Linux at the Clover selection screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back