Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Greetings Guys,

I have been lurking for a while, and gradually building up my customac and have put together the following (Will update my profile info soon)

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66Ghz
Gigabyte G31-E2SL (forget version) I think???
2GB PC26400 Kingston HyperX DDR2
2x80GB Westy HDD's in RAID 0
1x750GB
XFX nVidia 880GS Alpha Dog Edition 3--MB(?)

All is runnign superbly now, I am planning to whack up the RAM in the near future, and I must take my hats off to the guys who have helped here!

But I have one problem... Dual display!

My current set up to provide a bit of insight is I have my customac on a shelf on my computer desk, then a DVI Cable up to my Samsung 2232bw 22 inch monitor, running 1680x1050 (I think), and all has been well, no problems. In order to get it running I used NVEnabler and and everything displays, the front row application loads up without issue and I can play games etc.

About 5 metres away, is my seating area in my living room where my 50 inch Samsung Plasma lives, and it has a HDMI Port named 2 - DVI, so I thought "I know, I will stick a HDMI-DVI cables across the room, and run a large audio cable through to my amp.

I put the cable into the second DVI and BAM! The operating system froze, so I rebooted, and it booted, but when it got past the loading screen, it stayed black, even when I took out the second DVI cable.

So I rebooted again and only put the cable to the plasma in, and the same thing happened.

Any ideas?

I was planning on upgrading to a newer GFX card, and if any of you believe this will run it, I may just do that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back