Contribute
Register

Dual booting Windows 7 and OSX Lion on separate drives...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did see the post yeah. I just don't wanna have to press F11 every time I want to boot into OSX.

My ideal situation would be to boot into the Chimera boot loader and have 2 options, OSX and Windows 7. If I don't press anything after 5 seconds, it should boot automatically into Windows 7. Problem right now is that it's not even seeing the Windows 7 drive.

Sigh!

So you set the Windows drive as the first boot drive in the UEFI/BIOS and that means you only have to press something once you want to get into OS X. Is that really so much of a hassle? What you're trying to do might actually break your Windows install, but good luck if that's what you want to do.

thelostswede said:
So you set the Windows drive as the first boot drive in the UEFI/BIOS and that means you only have to press something once you want to get into OS X. Is that really so much of a hassle? What you're trying to do might actually break your Windows install, but good luck if that's what you want to do.

Well, it's not that much of a hassle I guess, I'll leave it as it is for now.

My SSD is a Vertex 4 and there's a firmware update for it which is destructive (i.e. it wipes the drive when doing the update) so maybe when I do that it might help, I dunno.

If anyone has any other ideas why Chimera isn't seeing Windows 7, please post. But for now I guess I'm just giving up.

Help, im trying to install windows on my ssd but it wont work, I've partitioned my ssd to fat and set it to GUID then I took out my osx hd I booted up to windows installed and it won't let me instal says it cant instal unless its NTFS I tried reformatting on the windows installer, but still doesn't instal I'm stuck here

Is there anyone who's succesfully set up 2 drives, 1 with OSX, the other with Win7 and Ubuntu? If so, is it possible to have the OSs on a single SSD with the files and data on 2 drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back