Contribute
Register

Dual-Booting Windows 7 and OS X

How would you configure your hackintosh?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to dual boot with Windows on one hard drive and OS X on the other. Since I was an original Windows user, this would be my first OS X machine that I own (I've used them plenty of times before). I most likely have programs that don't run on OS X, plus I want to keep all of my saved games I have with Steam.

And to top it off
jester969 said:
I like options! So I have the best of all three worlds!
Couldn't say it better myself!

An OS in VM is a very nice thing, as you don't have to reboot and leave OS X, but still can do most of your work.. IF you have a fast pc with nice cpu and a lot of ram :p

but still.. if you want to play games you will need to install windows physically, as it'll never reach its full speed in a VM

Going to tri-boot so I can broaden my horizons. Also, since I'm family and friend's IT guy, I need to keep up for whatever direction they go. Options are always good too. I guess that means D) all of the above. :crazy:

While I'm not as much of a gamer as I used to be, I'm still a gamer. I can wish all I want that certain people in the last 20+ years made different decisions so that the Mac platform would be more dominant so more games would be made for the Mac OS. But the reality is that Windows became the dominant OS and the game development went "in favor" of it. So I must dual boot.

I can't say for sure how it ended up this way, but I can say that I prefer my digital TV experience on the Mac OS. Although I'm using a tuner that works fine both in Lion and Windows 7, the software interface, EyeTV, is what makes it so much better on the Mac OS (and it only exists on the Mac OS). For Windows 7, I have to go through the Windows Media Center, which isn't entirely bad, but just not as good as EyeTV.

Quadruple boot (is that even a word?) Windows 7/8 CP (I didn't feel like reinstalling to get to the Release Preview), Ubuntu 12.04, and Lion soon-to-be Muntain Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back