Contribute
Register

Dual Booting from separate drives. PLEASE RESPOND!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Windows
CPU
i5 2500k
Graphics
GT 630
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My hackintosh build is now confirmed and I'm getting my parts in just a week. My question is I'm getting one SSD for my OSX (boot and loading heavy programs) and 2 HDD (one for my OSX and one for my Windows). I couldn't care less if Windows has a faster boot time since I will only be using my Windows for gaming ONLY and will be storing everything on the 1 HDD.... Now I've seen a lot of forums about separate drives being used for dual booting and there seems to be no straight answer for this. I know this may seem much but I want and easy hassle free way of doing this. Please RESPOND. ANYONE!! :crazy:

My hackintosh build is now confirmed and I'm getting my parts in just a week. My question is I'm getting one SSD for my OSX (boot and loading heavy programs) and 2 HDD (one for my OSX and one for my Windows). I couldn't care less if Windows has a faster boot time since I will only be using my Windows for gaming ONLY and will be storing everything on the 1 HDD.... Now I've seen a lot of forums about separate drives being used for dual booting and there seems to be no straight answer for this. I know this may seem much but I want and easy hassle free way of doing this. Please RESPOND. ANYONE!! :crazy:

I don't really see a question there, but of course you can do either. It is possible to dual boot with Win7/OSX on separate drives as well as dual boot with Win7/OSX on the same drive.

My desktop has Win7/Win8 on one SSD and ML/Lion/Ubuntu on the other SSD...
My laptop has Win7/ML/Ubuntu on one SSD.

Exactly how, depends on the capabilities of your BIOS, and what exactly you want to do. And if you are not experienced with boot loaders, partition schemes, BIOS options, boot records, bash shell... and the like, it will probably not be "easy" or "hassle free."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back