GTX 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I understand that when partitioning my drive that I put the ML partition as "Mac Extended Journal" and Windows as a "MS-DOT (FAT).

However, I want to make three partitions one for ML, another for Windows, and one final for applications that I would like to run at pretty good speeds. My question is what do I set that partition as? Is there a specific type to make certain applications work or does it really matter?

Hi,

I understand that when partitioning my drive that I put the ML partition as "Mac Extended Journal" and Windows as a "MS-DOT (FAT).

However, I want to make three partitions one for ML, another for Windows, and one final for applications that I would like to run at pretty good speeds. My question is what do I set that partition as? Is there a specific type to make certain applications work or does it really matter?

Usually, you install programs on the partition with the OS itself, so Mac programs go on the Mac Extended Journaled, and Windows programs will go on the NTFS drive. Probably best to keep it that way rather than trying mix/match programs on a shared drive between Mac/Windows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back