Contribute
Register

Does Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X R9 280x still work OOB with High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
I have not been able to upgrade my machine GA-Z68XP-UD3 with the Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X R9 to High Sierra. I tried direct update and then switched to trying a clean install from USB stick. Seems to be booting to black screen. I will keep trying, but it would be great to know if some one else has had any success with this graphics card.

Thanks for the information. This is slightly above my abilities. Could you explain how I use the code, or point me to a guide that shows you how to make custom changes.
Upload your DSDT and all SSDT files ,and search "display" in the app IORegistryExplorer.app,then screenshot and upload the result.

Snip20171031_1.png

Attachments

• Noah’s iMac (2).ioreg
    9.2 MB · Views: 152
  • DSDT.aml
    17.3 KB · Views: 165
  • SSDT.aml
    988 bytes · Views: 211
Wow, Thanks for helping me with this. the IOREG screen shot had tons of information so I posted a file called Noah's IMAC.ioreg, which should have all the information. In addition, the DSDT and SSDT files are the ones that get used to boot my current sierra installation. I tried to use F4 during the clover boot, but nothing extracted. I believe that is because I don't use the EFI partition for CLOVER, my EFI folder resides on the root of my primary boot drive due to my legacy bios setup. Please let me know if this is sufficient or if I should go down another path to extract my DSST and SSDT files. I am not sure, but I think I used a script to create my own SSDT for power management following another guide, so that may be custom, but I believe the DSST file is probably just a copy from the DSDT database provided by TONYMAC for my specific motherboard.

Plz add the WhateverGreen and search "display" in the app IORegistryExplorer.app,then screenshot and upload the result again.

Last edited:
I added the code into your DSDT,Plz add the WhateverGreen.kext to your Clover/kexts/other and then search "display" in the app IORegistryExplorer.app again,finally,need not to do anything if the same as my code ,or, change the information you get to instead of the word "GFX0" in the code.

Attachments

• QQ20171101-104749.png
    QQ20171101-104749.png
    195.8 KB · Views: 166
  • DSDT.aml
    17.5 KB · Views: 132
  • EFC8F332-0D9A-4643-A446-946452060254.png
    EFC8F332-0D9A-4643-A446-946452060254.png
    177.5 KB · Views: 157
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back