Contribute
Register

does high sierra support gtx 1060 mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I thought so. On the new update it said people with nvidia cards stay on high sierra so figured I'd ask. While I have your attention can you help me find which ALC number my realtek audio is for applealc? I have a windows boot I can check the hardware if necessary. I can't find anything online.

Thanks! I thought so. On the new update it said people with nvidia cards stay on high sierra so figured I'd ask. While I have your attention can you help me find which ALC number my realtek audio is for applealc? I have a windows boot I can check the hardware if necessary. I can't find anything online.
you can get a linux dump

you can get a linux dump

hey boss, I found it in device manager in windows in 899 which is supported, but for some reason with the new applealc kext and audio fixes enabled in config.plist there are still no audio devices found on any layout id. any advice? I feel like there's something I'm missing completely.

hey boss, I found it in device manager in windows in 899 which is supported, but for some reason with the new applealc kext and audio fixes enabled in config.plist there are still no audio devices found on any layout id ive tried =\. any advice?
you have no laptop hardware in your profile
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

I'm re-reading over the faq again now for the umpteenth time XD incase i've missed something. logs attached. thanks again!
replace this:
Code:
<key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <integer>3</integer>
        </dict>

with:
Code:
<key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>No</string>
            <key>ResetHDA</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>

replace this:
Code:
<key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1f,3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>#PinConfigurations</key>
                <data>
                </data>
                <key>#hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
                <key>#layout-id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
                <key>#no-controller-patch</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
            </dict>

with:
Code:
<key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1f,3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>PinConfigurations</key>
                <data>
                </data>
                <key>hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
                <key>no-controller-patch</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
            </dict>

currently it is set to 3 which may work, if not try different numbers from the wiki:

InjectKexts should be set to Detect

Nice! it's working now, at least through headphones. I'll check the other layouts until one hopefully works with internal speakers as well. Also set injectkexts to Detect. Thank you so much! you've saved my ass like 5 times now ...

edit: also unsure how to find the chipset id for my mobo/cpu

Nice! it's working now, at least through headphones. I'll check the other layouts until one hopefully works with internal speakers as well. Also set injectkexts to Detect. Thank you so much! you've saved my ass like 5 times now ...
glad you got it sorted

yes, different layout id's may be able to help with the speaker/headphone

sometimes codeccommader.kext can help as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back