Contribute
Register

Displayport won't wake up from sleep with Intel 530

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did my research but couldn't find any solution for that specific problem.

My monitor will wake up if I press any button on my keyboard/mouse.. but it won't display anything... that's on the display port.

If I switch to HDMI, it works.

I tried to disconnect the cable and reconnect, no luck.

I have the same problem on El capitan and Win10.

My config: GA-Z170x-UD5, intel 6700k, using integrated Intel 530 graphics.

I want to keep using the display port because its the only port offering 4k resolutions at 60hz.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I tried another DP cable and I got the same result.

Last edited:
Hi matt... I have the exact same problem. I've tried a few things so far, but have had no luck getting output on DisplayPort after waking. HDMI works fine.

For clarity, I've got a GA-Z170X-Gaming-5 and I'm using the onboard HD530 DisplayPort/HDMI output.

I'm curious if you solved this particular problem? I'm still investigating and will post back here if I find anything.

Hello ed,

To tell the truth, I stopped searching and accepted to live with it as it is. In win10 it will wake up properly. In macOS, I use a screensaver

cool. In case you're interested, the following thread seems to contain the most up-to-date info:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/skylake-hd530-sleeps-but-wont-wake.190929/

TLDR: still not working. Like a few folk in that thread, I tried the hibernatemode=25 trick (which is actually exactly what I'm looking for) however, like them, my system reboots on wake. For now, I've just disabled Computer Sleep but allow the display to sleep. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back