GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everyone,

I have successfully upgraded macOS from Monterey 12.7.2 to Sonoma 14.2.1 following the "Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide" and the Ivy Bridge section of the "OC Little Translated" Guide. My build is a i7-3770 / z77 / GTX760 and using an Apple 24" LED Cinema Display as my primary display.

After installation, I use the OpenCore Legacy Patcher to apply Kepler graphic patch and bluetooth patch to solve the basic hardware problems.

However, I discovered that the build-in iSight camera in the Cinema Display got green pixelated matrix-like output by using the FaceTime app shown in the attachment.

I can confirm that this is not a hardware issue since the camera has normal output tested in my another installed Windows 10 SATA SSD.

I was wondering is that a USB mapping problem (the iSight, mic and usb ports are connected by a usb cable linking from the display) since I had applied the USBToolBox kexts by mapping my USB ports in Windows. Or is that a metal/graphic acceleration related issue yet to be fixed by the Kepler patch.

p.s. I did not install any iGPU patch (Intel HD4000) from OCLP and edit iGPU settings in config.plist since I had disabled the iGPU in BIOS.

Attached my OpenCore config.plist and the green screen. Any helps are appreciated, thank you!

My build:
i7-3770
ASUS P8Z77M-pro
32GB DDR3-1600 (8GB x 4)
ASUS GTX760 2GB
Broadcom BCM94360 (Connected by PCIe adaptor)
Intel SSDSC2BP240G4 (Sonoma 14.2.1 / OpenCore 0.9.7 DEBUG)
AGI 240G18AI238 (Windows 10)

iSight information found in System Information app:
UVC Camera VendorID_1452 ProductID_34056
0x1d16420005ac8508

SMBIOS: iMacPro1,1

Attachments

• config.plist
    45.3 KB · Views: 10
  • iSight.png
    iSight.png
    411.3 KB · Views: 9
Hi everyone,

I have successfully upgraded macOS from Monterey 12.7.2 to Sonoma 14.2.1 following the "Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide" and the Ivy Bridge section of the "OC Little Translated" Guide. My build is a i7-3770 / z77 / GTX760 and using an Apple 24" LED Cinema Display as my primary display.

After installation, I use the OpenCore Legacy Patcher to apply Kepler graphic patch and bluetooth patch to solve the basic hardware problems.

However, I discovered that the build-in iSight camera in the Cinema Display got green pixelated matrix-like output by using the FaceTime app shown in the attachment.

I can confirm that this is not a hardware issue since the camera has normal output tested in my another installed Windows 10 SATA SSD.

I was wondering is that a USB mapping problem (the iSight, mic and usb ports are connected by a usb cable linking from the display) since I had applied the USBToolBox kexts by mapping my USB ports in Windows. Or is that a metal/graphic acceleration related issue yet to be fixed by the Kepler patch.

p.s. I did not install any iGPU patch (Intel HD4000) from OCLP and edit iGPU settings in config.plist since I had disabled the iGPU in BIOS.

Attached my OpenCore config.plist and the green screen. Any helps are appreciated, thank you!

My build:
i7-3770
ASUS P8Z77M-pro
32GB DDR3-1600 (8GB x 4)
ASUS GTX760 2GB
Broadcom BCM94360 (Connected by PCIe adaptor)
Intel SSDSC2BP240G4 (Sonoma 14.2.1 / OpenCore 0.9.7 DEBUG)
AGI 240G18AI238 (Windows 10)

iSight information found in System Information app:
UVC Camera VendorID_1452 ProductID_34056
0x1d16420005ac8508

SMBIOS: iMacPro1,1
is it fine on previous supported macOS versions?

is it fine on previous supported macOS versions?
Yes, I use Zoom quite often when in Monterey.

And I use the same iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS since Big Sur without any problem.

Last edited:
Are you using the OpenCore Legacy Patcher to enable your Broadcom WiFi card?

If yes, then maybe OCLP is causing the webcam to glitch and malfunction.

You may need to remove the OCLP patches, reset the Sonoma installation so SIP and AMFI are enabled and see if the webcam starts working correctly.

If it does work as expected, then maybe you need to swap the Broadcom WiFi card for a compatible Intel card. All depends on which Apple functions you need to be present and active.

Are you using the OpenCore Legacy Patcher to enable your Broadcom WiFi card?

If yes, then maybe OCLP is causing the webcam to glitch and malfunction.

You may need to remove the OCLP patches, reset the Sonoma installation so SIP and AMFI are enabled and see if the webcam starts working correctly.

If it does work as expected, then maybe you need to swap the Broadcom WiFi card for a compatible Intel card. All depends on which Apple functions you need to be present and active.
The webcam no longer glitch and returns to normal colour if I add "nv_disable=1" to bootargs.

So I believe it is likely to be the problem of OCLP Kepler patch rather than the OCLP WiFi patch.

May I ask are there any graphic settings for the Kepler patch/kext or to config.plist for testing different graphic outputs?

Or could I enable the iGPU HD4000 together with GTX760 at the same time?

Many thanks.

No, there aren't any patches or kexts that help the Nvidia Kepler series of dGPU's in Sonoma. The OCLP patches is all that is available.

Yes, you could enable the IGPU and dGPU, using the OCLP root patches, but neither will be of much use in Sonoma. As neither support Apple's Metal API.

Using nv_disable=1 is not a good option, as that boot arg will prevent the legacy Nvidia Drivers from running. Using this boot arg will mean the GTX 760 in your system won't work with full acceleration.

Search the Macrumours Unsupported Macs forums for posts describing this problem.

But fair warning OCLP guide says no matter what, Ventura+ will never be made fully compatible with 2012 CPUs due to need for AVX2 instructions, which arrived in 2013.

You might be stuck at Monterey. OCLP scene has the answers.

Using nv_disable=1 is not a good option, as that boot arg will prevent the legacy Nvidia Drivers from running. Using this boot arg will mean the GTX 760 in your system won't work with full acceleration.

Yes, this is a just temporary option under hardware limitation (both GTX760 and HD4000) for a normal colour webcam. I will try booting with HD4000 as primary display with OCLP patch and see if the webcam could output normal colour.

Search the Macrumours Unsupported Macs forums for posts describing this problem.

But fair warning OCLP guide says no matter what, Ventura+ will never be made fully compatible with 2012 CPUs due to need for AVX2 instructions, which arrived in 2013.

You might be stuck at Monterey. OCLP scene has the answers.

Yes too, I understand that the current patch status is already a bonus for an obsoleted PC before upgrading from Monterey. We can wait for patch updates in the future, but can't expect too much.

Back