Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My wonderful Mac Mini is on its way out, so it is time for a replacement! I love the small profile of it, so I would like to go with the CustoMacMini recommendation with a couple tweaks.

Case - SilverStone SG05B with SFX 300 Watt PSU
MB - Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3
CPU - Intel Core i5-760
No Optical Drive
HD - OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD
RAM - 4GB of G.Skill

My question really centers around the graphics card. I will do light gaming, but nothing major or cutting edge. This will be my main desktop, so I would like to be able to run dual 24" monitors at 1920 x 1200. I also want to put Plex on it and be able to drive a 1080p TV with video and audio via HDMI (obviously not while connected to my desktop monitors).

Now, I already have a Zotac 8400 GS 512MB graphics card. It has HDMI and DVI output. Will that be able to drive the dual 24" monitors? What about 1080p video and audio output via HDMI?

If that is not able to handle the load, I am open to other suggestions. If I should shy away from the mini case and this PSU all together, that is ok too.

Thanks so much!

Looks good. Try the 8400GS and see how it works for you. Otherwise, you might look at the the GT240.

I have an external USB DVD drive I will use for the install.

Do you think that power supply will handle an i5 and a 8400 GTS or GT240 or do I need to budget for a more powerful one?

iwookie said:
I have an external USB DVD drive I will use for the install.

Do you think that power supply will handle an i5 and a 8400 GTS or GT240 or do I need to budget for a more powerful one?
Power supply can never be strong enough. I recommend a 450 watt power supply, so you on the very safe side with your configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back