Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 15 (L502x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bmaster how did you get this working on this laptop, i cant get past kext loading, it just says, still waiting for device, ive got the exact same laptop

cheers for any help

I solved it. The problem were the USB 3.0 ports, and it didn't install the usb 3.0 kext on Mac OS X. So I installed Windows on the same machine, then installed MacDrive on that, accessed my mac partition and added the USB 3.0 Kext to the system/library/extensions folder myself.

Thanks for the help though.

helo!!
i have recently purchased moutain lion from my friends mac pro
i made the usb installer using unibeast
but i get an still waiting for root device

can you tell me what are steps you went while making the usb installer..??

thanks in advance

Sorry guys, I haven't checked my own posts in a long time. I just now saw all the questions.

Well what I did to get rid of the error is install the usb 3.0 kext on the unibeast thumb drive. After installing OS X I also added the kext to my hard drive to get rid of the keyboard message. After you install the kext on your HDD where you installed OS X plug in a usb keyboard. Mac simply doesn't detect the PS2 keyboard which is built in.

The only way I knew to add the kext to mac is to get windows running on a separate drive, and acces the mac drive using windows.

Good luck to you all

Hi Bmaster,
I'm Gigiopiccolo and I'm trying to install mac os on my dell xps l502x. Can you help me?
I need to know the step that you follow for the installation: normal install or some comand like -v -x ....., partition MRB or GUID, bios settings.....and...can you attach a zip file with all kexts that you use?
HDMI and nvidia run?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back