Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Dell T5500 looping (Probably a bios setting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z87
CPU
Haswell 4670k
Graphics
Just wondering if anyone has experience with this device and getting it running. Quick info: x2 5675 Xeon processors, 72GB DDR3 Ram, ASRock Radeon RX Vega 56. Able to run Linux Mint, Windows 10 with zero issues. Every time I've attempted an install with Unibeast setup (both Sierra and Mojave) will load up the usb, can select boot to external OS, apple logo will show for about 30 seconds, usb stops reading and the system reboots. Tried: Different usb's, video cards, with and without secondary ram and processor. Same result every time. Please let me know if you need any specific info.

Got past the bios issue after a cmos battery pull and reset. Got Mojave loaded but had to swap with an older radeon from an old mac pro. Everything is up and running, but still can't get the Vega 56 running correctly. After reboot, the card will show four small glitched items at the bottom of the screen. Stays this way till I wait for the device to shut down the display and once back up the card seems to work. So that's where I'm stuck.

Last edited:
Bios settings: achi, disable virtualization, make sure your are creating a legacy boot disk. T5500 is relatively easy to Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back