Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

First of all, of all of the Hackintosh sites that I have seen, this is by far the best, and the most helpful, well done sir's and sirette's.

I've followed the installation instructions for the iBoot + Multibeast method, but have hit a serious snag at the setup point.

I can't seem to access the CMOS settings for my PC :s

I can get into the BIOS settings, I have set the priority to DVD drive, but I cannot find anything that lets me access the Optimized Defaults or the AHCI mode.

I'll quickly run down my hardware, perhaps this is the issue:

Intel Core 2 - Quad Q8200
ATI Radeon - HD 4670
4GB DDR2 SD RAM
The board is the standard Dell Studio 540 motherboard.

Do I have to flash the bios to get to the CMOS on this machine? Has it been locked down do you think?

Help me Obi-Wan, You're my only hope :)

Ken

Oh, I should add that I already have Windows 7 64 installed on SATA bay 0, I have this unplugged at the moment. I have the blank HD sitting in SATA bay 1.

When I install MAC OSX, will I still be able to access my Windows 7 drive after using this method?

Many thanks.

Ken

SittingNow said:
When I install MAC OSX, will I still be able to access my Windows 7 drive after using this method?

Many thanks.

Ken

I'm not sure if you HAVE to unplug your drive, but I guess for safety precautions it's fine. Understand that it will take some work to get OS X to write to the NTFS file format, but you should be able to boot from it. Here's our dual-boot method if you don't know about it:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/dual-boot-windows-7-and-os-x-snow.html

I've followed the installation instructions for the iBoot + Multibeast method, but have hit a serious snag at the setup point.

I can't seem to access the CMOS settings for my PC :s

I can get into the BIOS settings, I have set the priority to DVD drive, but I cannot find anything that lets me access the Optimized Defaults or the AHCI mode.

This should really be in the "Installation" section because I don't know how to answer this.. Do you mean you can't access your BIOS settings? Like pressing F12/Esc at the POST screen won't work? Cause that's a major issue.

I'll quickly run down my hardware, perhaps this is the issue:

Intel Core 2 - Quad Q8200
ATI Radeon - HD 4670
4GB DDR2 SD RAM
The board is the standard Dell Studio 540 motherboard.

Do I have to flash the bios to get to the CMOS on this machine? Has it been locked down do you think?

I don't think you need to flash the BIOS, but it wouldn't hurt to try. I'm also not sure how well you can install OS X with that graphics card. I'll do some research and post back.

Edit: Your 4670 should work fine, just do a GraphicsEnabler=Yes, but I'm still not sure about this CMOS problem as it's more Installation-based than hardware-based.. Help, mods/anyone? :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back