Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
0V030K
CPU
Intel i9-9980HK
Graphics
Intel UHD 630 + Nvidia Quadro T2000
Hello everyone,

I recently just sold my MacBook Pro 15" for a Dell Precision 5540 that I had an extremely good deal that I could really not skip on. I also do play games a bit so it was a much-needed switch after 2 years of the macOS game cleanse. One thing I do miss about my MacBook is the operating system itself, I had a really productive workflow going on with Alfred and many other apps which I had purchased to improve my productivity.

My Precision has an Intel i9-9980HK with a UHD 630 integrated graphics card and a Quadro T2000 dedicated video card. From my research, this appears to be based on the GTX 1650. Other specifications include 64GB of RAM with a 1TB SSD. It also has the 4K IPS touchscreen display. I saw that WiFi cards have some compatibility issues and my machine has an Intel 9620 WiFi card.

I just saw a video about a Hackintosh install on an XPS 15 which this laptop is a "workstation" version of and it really sparked my curiosity as if it was possible to run macOS on it; given the crispy display, my machine has it would be my dream to be working on my design process on a Mac environment.

I am ready to learn about this process as I have always been one to fiddle with my machines, I just want to know if it is worth dreaming of the day I launch Photoshop in macOS on this bad boy.

Hello everyone,

I recently just sold my MacBook Pro 15" for a Dell Precision 5540 that I had an extremely good deal that I could really not skip on. I also do play games a bit so it was a much-needed switch after 2 years of the macOS game cleanse. One thing I do miss about my MacBook is the operating system itself, I had a really productive workflow going on with Alfred and many other apps which I had purchased to improve my productivity.

My Precision has an Intel i9-9980HK with a UHD 630 integrated graphics card and a Quadro T2000 dedicated video card. From my research, this appears to be based on the GTX 1650. Other specifications include 64GB of RAM with a 1TB SSD. It also has the 4K IPS touchscreen display. I saw that WiFi cards have some compatibility issues and my machine has an Intel 9620 WiFi card.

I just saw a video about a Hackintosh install on an XPS 15 which this laptop is a "workstation" version of and it really sparked my curiosity as if it was possible to run macOS on it; given the crispy display, my machine has it would be my dream to be working on my design process on a Mac environment.

I am ready to learn about this process as I have always been one to fiddle with my machines, I just want to know if it is worth dreaming of the day I launch Photoshop in macOS on this bad boy.
probably only your intel graphics will work, you have to disable your nvidia as dual graphics are not supported on laptop hacks

probably only your intel graphics will work, you have to disable your nvidia as dual graphics are not supported on laptop hacks

That would greatly diminish the power of the laptop... well I can't complain about that since it's not made to run macOS. I guess at this point my best option is to build a dedicated Hackintosh PC once I move into my apartment.

That would greatly diminish the power of the laptop... well I can't complain about that since it's not made to run macOS. I guess at this point my best option is to build a dedicated Hackintosh PC once I move into my apartment.
yes, and that way you have a choice of what hardware you can put in :)

So I am getting Dell 5540 what you recommend should I install Hackintosh?
my main motive is to run FCPX but as mentioned that GFX card will not work, is it possible to disable intel and work with Nvidia?

So I am getting Dell 5540 what you recommend should I install Hackintosh?
my main motive is to run FCPX but as mentioned that GFX card will not work, is it possible to disable intel and work with Nvidia?
not in a laptop, and nvidia is also unsupported

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back