Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex
CPU
Core2Due E5300 2.6ghz
Graphics
ATI HD 4350
Tried to make an install in unibeast for Sierra. I'm using a optiplex 780 with a core2due, and a nvidia card. Picked legacy boot and nvidia in the installer. I'm getting this error:

IMG_20170128_195436.jpg

Is this something common? is there a known fix?

Thanks

@slug3135, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
What Intel Core 2 Duo?
Sierra supports only CPUs with SSE4 support.

Ok. It has an E5300 which I guess doesn't support sse4. I'll try for yosemite or el capitan.

Ok. It has an E5300 which I guess doesn't support sse4. I'll try for yosemite or el capitan.

Correct, no SSE4 support on the Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5300.
Yosemite or El Capitan should be fine :thumbup:

The one I have is a E8400 Intel CPU, according to the following messages, it shall support sierra:
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E8400; 6M Cache, 3.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB;
45nm process, it support SSE4.1; Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.3 should be able to be installed on a Dell Optiplex 780 Small Form Factor (SFF) machine.

It stopped at this screen forever.

Attachments

• InstallationScreen.jpg
    InstallationScreen.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 349
The one I have is a E8400 Intel CPU, according to the following messages, it shall support sierra:
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E8400; 6M Cache, 3.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB;
45nm process, it support SSE4.1; Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.3 should be able to be installed on a Dell Optiplex 780 Small Form Factor (SFF) machine.

It stopped at this screen forever.

Not sure if this is related, but did you choose Legacy or UEFI when creating your Unibeast stick?

Actually, after I did many different thing, it installed Sierra successfully.
The one major cause I believe is the display card and UEFI mode. The motherboard display card is not working. A HD5450 Graphics Card (For installation, Only use the DVI, not the HDMI) is definitely needed.

One tiny thing, is the sound doesn't work. But this is normal for everyone working on a Dell Optiplex 780 SFF.
Let me know if anyone know how to make the sound work on "A Dell Optiplex 780 SFF" for sierra.

The other difference I noticed is:
The computer hard drive is not displayed as a desktop icon. But it is accessable from:
"Go->Computer".
I am not too worry about it.

The one major cause I believe is the display card and UEFI mode. The motherboard display card is not working. A HD5450 Graphics Card (For installation, Only use the DVI, not the HDMI) is definitely needed.

One tiny thing, is the sound doesn't work. But this is normal for everyone working on a Dell Optiplex 780 SFF.
Let me know if anyone know how to make the sound work on "A Dell Optiplex 780 SFF" for sierra.
Hello You should put Lilu.kext in
EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12/
and reboot,
you should get sound from all jacks

Can you please provide me with step by step method to do it...
I am planning to hackintosh my Dell Optiplex 780 with CPU Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93 GHz and SSE4.1 supported...
Which dedicated graphic card should I install-in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back