i3-3227U
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I've just hackintoshed my DELL INSPIRON 5521: it's all working, bluetooth too, except WI-FI.

I've also changed the internal wi-fi card with the broadcom BCM4352 but wi-fi doesn't appear!

I think that I passed last week to read anything regarding laptop & wi-fi but probably the kext I'm using need to be customized to work for me.

I read something about "need to inject" but I think don't understand what I should do!

Please help me... I need to solve this issue 'cause I've promised to my daughter that her pc will be a mac!

Here below all file I think you need to understand the problem.

Yesterday I've already posted the same in another thread name "[FAQ] READ FIRST! Laptop Frequent Questions" but

Thank you very much!!!

Amedeo

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    10.7 MB · Views: 60
  • Hackintool-PCI-devices.png.zip
    288.5 KB · Views: 49
  • kextstat-kextcache terminal output.rtf.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 55
  • MacBookAir-di-Nicole.ioreg.zip
    523.3 KB · Views: 39
  • patchmatic.zip
    20.4 KB · Views: 41
  • SYSTEM-LOG.rtf.zip
    87.9 KB · Views: 61
Hi,

I've just hackintoshed my DELL INSPIRON 5521: it's all working, bluetooth too, except WI-FI.

I've also changed the internal wi-fi card with the broadcom BCM4352 but wi-fi doesn't appear!

I think that I passed last week to read anything regarding laptop & wi-fi but probably the kext I'm using need to be customized to work for me.

I read something about "need to inject" but I think don't understand what I should do!

Please help me... I need to solve this issue 'cause I've promised to my daughter that her pc will be a mac!

Here below all file I think you need to understand the problem.

Yesterday I've already posted the same in another thread name "[FAQ] READ FIRST! Laptop Frequent Questions" but

Thank you very much!!!

Amedeo
If you are using macOS Catalina then search for BrcmPatchRAM_Catalina.zip from headkaze...

Hi,
I'm using exactly the kext you indicated but Bluetooth only... really also before to change the previous Centrino wifi/Bluetooth card with the new one BCM4352 the Bluetooth was working!
I'm very confused now...
Any help will be very appreciated.

P.S.: there is a way to send my request to RehabMan too? Thanks
With BCM4352, the most common problems is not having the right kexts or a problem with the USB ports. You should note that with Catalina you need three kexts instead of the two we usually used with Mojave and previews mac OS versions. Headkaze had a fork of acidanthera with these kexts which seems to be also a fork from Rehabman which is also a fork originaly of darkvoid, but I check today and it seems he delete them (maybe it was a temporarily solution). Then I check acedenthera kexts and it seems he update them recently. You should check his Github and read the details there. If you configured the USB ports before you switch your WIFI card to BCM4352 then their is a posibility that you need to configure again your USB ports. About Rehabman, I don't know about this great hackintosh community contributor. He's been absent for a while...I wish I see him around again, he is amazing. Finally you should read the Broadcom tutorial in the Network section but I think it needs to be updated...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back