Contribute
Register

Data Collection & Possible solution to Z68 USB issues! Vote!

Does your CustoMac have USB issues when waking from sleep?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
See my workaround above for this issue.

powerpcg5 said:
See my workaround above for this issue.

I'd prefer a fix over a workaround. I've already turned my external into a network drive as a workaround.

Here's a FIX for our networking issue, re: problems with both lynx2mac or realtek network drivers.

Solution: Dump the Realtek on-board LAN. Read more details here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=48091

luthepa1 said:
looks like I found solution for wake issues due to apple aluminium keyboard. Maybe solve other usb device disconnect issues? I will do more testing. But i have different mobo but still sandy bridge.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22383&p=293096#p293096

This is confirmed working. Solves USB dead after wake for some devices on Z68. We'll be working on trying to figure out how to get this fix into the DSDT Database in the near future.

ibaiba said:
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 USB PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

luthepa1 wrote:
FYI - I got it working! with NVidia card. Had to change one option in BIOS to say enable the onboard video even if external PEG video found (my 9600gt PCIe card). Normally its set to disable onboard video if external PCIe card found.

Wow, just wanted to confirm that this worked for me too. Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 board, Sapphire 6870 Video card. The setting in the BIOS is called Onboard VGA - was set to 'Enable If No Ext PEG', changing to 'Always Enable' works.

Same here. The problem was when waking the computer, the display would not come on. Setting "Onboard VGA" in the BIOS to "Auto" solved the issue.
Motherboard: Z68A-D3H-B3
Graphics: Radeon HD 6850

SooieSide said:
ibaiba said:
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 USB PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

luthepa1 wrote:
FYI - I got it working! with NVidia card. Had to change one option in BIOS to say enable the onboard video even if external PEG video found (my 9600gt PCIe card). Normally its set to disable onboard video if external PCIe card found.

Wow, just wanted to confirm that this worked for me too. Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 board, Sapphire 6870 Video card. The setting in the BIOS is called Onboard VGA - was set to 'Enable If No Ext PEG', changing to 'Always Enable' works.

Same here. The problem was when waking the computer, the display would not come on. Setting "Onboard VGA" in the BIOS to "Auto" solved the issue.
Motherboard: Z68A-D3H-B3
Graphics: Radeon HD 6850

I had the boot or onboard setting (not by the machine) to PCIE 16 (since that is where the GPU is) I think Auto might accomplish the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back