1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Main Parts:

1. i3-2105
2. H61N-USB3
3. Corsair XMS3 8GB

Guide:

Update your motherboards bios to F2. You can check the version of your bios by entering "MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)" and looking beneath the menu options on that page of the bios. To install the bios, unzip the .exe file on a windows PC. After unzipping keep the file that has the ending .f2 (delete the others). Plug the drive with .f2 file into your computer. (Make sure the drive is formatted in “FAT32”) Boot up your computer and hold the delete key on startup. When you get to the bios press the f8 key. This will open Q-Flash. In Q-Flash choose "Update Bios From Drive", then pick your HDD. Then choose the H61NUSB3.F2 file. Follow the prompts till the update is complete and the system reboots.

After the reboot hold down the delete key and boot into the bios. First "Load Optimized Defaults" and then reboot. Next enter "Advanced Bios Features" make the first boot device "CD-ROM" and the second device "Hard Disk" (disable the third device). Press escape and enter "Integrated Peripherals" and switch "IDE" to "AHCI". Lastly change HPET Mode from "32-Bit" to "64-Bit" and press the F10 key. If possible change shared video ram to 384 MB with 4 GB of RAM. (Not necessary.)

Now follow steps 1-19 of the tonymacx86 iBoot + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC.

Run “MultiBeast” and and select "EasyBeast" (see p3 of the MultiBeast Features document to see the default loading), "System Utilities", "3rdParty SATA" under " Disk" in "Kexts & Enablers", and “Generate CPU States” under “Boot Options” in “Customization”. Reboot. (Keep the “iBoot” disc in the drive.)

When you get back to the desktop run "UpdateHelper", and reboot. (Keep the “iBoot” disc in the drive.) See tonymacx86's Get Ready for OS X Lion: Update to 10.6.8 on a Socket 1155 Sandy Bridge System

When you get back to your desktop open "MultiBeast", and leave it open for now. Run the 10.6.8 Snow Leopard Combo Update. When complete DO NOT RESTART! Before restarting you need to run “Multibeast” again and select “Easybeast”. After that install “Chimera”. (You can eject the “iBoot” disc now.)

Once you return to the desktop, run “MultiBeast” again and select “System Utilities”, check the box for “2.0.6. Realtek Gigabit Ethernet” under “Network” in “Kexts & Enablers”, and check “Mac Mini” under “System Definitions” in “Customization”. Then Reboot.

Once you get back to the desktop run “MultiBeast” again and install Audio by selecting “ALC8xxHDA”, “AppleHDA Rollback”, and “ALC889” under “Non-DSDT HDAEnabler” under the section “Audio” in “Kexts and Enablers”.

Congratulations you have a fully functioning CustoMac Mini!

–monkeyseeu2

Curious... has this build allowed you to use the onboard HD3000 Graphics with 10.6? So far I have been unable to use my 10.6.8 system without a discreet graphics card.

It has. I made the mistake originally of using a VGA Display but I realized later I needed a DVI to VGA converter for graphics to work perfectly. When using VGA you get the Mac desktop but it is unfocused.

-monkeyseeu2

How much did this cost you? and does it matter what kind of intel processor u hav? if so wat r the changes in multibeast u would have to make?

I did everything but now the Internet doesn't work? Any answers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back