Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X 5UD TH
CPU
Intel i7, 4770K 4.0Ghz
Graphics
Asus, R9 290X
Hey People,

I'd like to build the system you see down below. Can anybody, who has the same or similar systems, tell me if it would be working right out of the box or what would I need to do? (I hear the thunderbolt is still problematic with that motherboard)

I'm going to need this system for Full HD and in the near future of course 4K video post production. I work on FCPX and AE platforms. Does EVGA GTX 780 work flawlessly with those application with CUDA on 10.9.3?

I need to order the parts tomorrow so any opinions or suggestions would greatly help.

Thank you!

Custom HackPro.jpg

Hi, Ozgur!

AFAIK CUDA works well with the NVidia driver included in Mavericks. Web drivers are not recommended for the moment if you want to use cuda - lots of people have been complaining about this around the forums. We just need NVidia to release a CUDA update that works with their latest web driver, I guess.

You should take a look at the graphics section - there is A LOT of useful information there and you just might have your answer without even need to ask :)

Other than that it seems like a pretty solid build. I'd consider additional HDD if I were you though (if you don't have one lying around)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back