Contribute
Register

Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 PRO Sound Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK... Back to square one.

You have selected the USB device as the sound output in System Preferences? And the volume is set to high: both system wide and for the individual device? (From the initial screenshot you sent it looks like the volume setting is at zero. Also the 96000 Hz looks suspicious to me, usually sound is set at 44100 Hz or 48000 Hz, but that's a guess.)

Actually that's all I've got as a suggestion. I was thinking you were trying to get a 2.1 signal out of the X-Fi for your 2.1 speakers... which I've seen a number of people try to do and get confused by. They may be a set of 2.1 speakers, but if all it accepts is a standard 3-ring headphone jack (L+/R+/combined-) then it's only a 2.0 (L/R) signal that they accept. The speakers then internally direct the low frequencies to the sub-woofer from both L and R: where most get confused is thinking it should be a separate discrete track the ".1" in 5.1.

But if you're getting no sound at all I don't have anything else to add as a possible fix. What I'm left wondering now is: if all you're looking for is to export L/R why aren't you using on-board sound?

EDIT/ADD:
If you're getting sound out of the headphone jack on the side that's a surprise... I didn't think it would route audio like that. Anyways that's probably as good as it's going to get for you.

So what is the problem you're experiencing... or put more aptly: what are you expecting that you're not getting from this set-up?

OK... Back to square one.

You have selected the USB device as the sound output in System Preferences? And the volume is set to high: both system wide and for the individual device? (From the initial screenshot you sent it looks like the volume setting is at zero. Also the 96000 Hz looks suspicious to me, usually sound is set at 44100 Hz or 48000 Hz, but that's a guess.)

Actually that's all I've got as a suggestion. I was thinking you were trying to get a 2.1 signal out of the X-Fi for your 2.1 speakers... which I've seen a number of people try to do and get confused by. They may be a set of 2.1 speakers, but if all it accepts is a standard 3-ring headphone jack (L+/R+/combined-) then it's only a 2.0 (L/R) signal that they accept. The speakers then internally direct the low frequencies to the sub-woofer from both L and R: where most get confused is thinking it should be a separate discrete track the ".1" in 5.1.

But if you're getting no sound at all I don't have anything else to add as a possible fix. What I'm left wondering now is: if all you're looking for is to export L/R why aren't you using on-board sound?

Sound via the headphone slot on the side. No sound via the cable shown in the picture.

Sorry i don't know the names of them wires

Sound via the headphone slot on the side. No sound via the cable shown in the picture.

Sorry i don't know the names of them wires

Hey, I can get sound with this card, even with headphones... can you help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back